Inexpensive clip ons

First off, I just got the bars in and they look great! There are still tool marks on the mounts in one spot along a compound curve, but this doesn't bother me, if I feel like it I can buff them out. Probably won't bother. They seem sturdy and look purdy.

Second, I LOVE my Enfield. Bought her new at the end of 2007 and I've ridden about 4,400 miles. (The clip ons are for my cb750 project, there's a cowling on the Enfield that makes clip ons impossible without totally rebuilding the front of the bike.) What she lacks in power she makes up for in style. Not a bike for riding if you're in a hurry, especially since girls keep jumping on the back at every red light! ;)

cowboysculptor said:
First off, I just got the bars in and they look great! There are still tool marks on the mounts in one spot along a compound curve, but this doesn't bother me, if I feel like it I can buff them out. Probably won't bother. They seem sturdy and look purdy.

Second, I LOVE my Enfield. Bought her new at the end of 2007 and I've ridden about 4,400 miles. (The clip ons are for my cb750 project, there's a cowling on the Enfield that makes clip ons impossible without totally rebuilding the front of the bike.) What she lacks in power she makes up for in style. Not a bike for riding if you're in a hurry, especially since girls keep jumping on the back at every red light! ;)

Thanks for the reply man. The Enfield sounds like the perfect bike for me ;)

they look nice on the ebay pictures! How do they look on the 750? I just picked up 35mm clipons from mikesxs.com for $60. Should be in hand Tuesday, I'll snap a few shots.

bob.

I just realized I never updated this post with my experience of these clip-ons.

I've been using them for about a year now. First off, the bars themselves are aluminum, and are therefore a thicker walled tubing than if they were steel. This means my bar end mirrors would not fit in the bars. I ended up cutting up a set of drag bars that had just a bit of pull back to them and swapping those out. I left a bit of tubing beyond the bend, which gives them some pull back to work with, and gives me more options for the exact fit I want.

After that, I've liked them very much. I'm still happy with the purchase, considering I really only paid for the mounts. The quality is very good, and I've had no issues with them.

Back
Top Bottom