open faced helmets proper eye wear to wear?

ariel.714 o/c

Monkey see monkey do is all i see now days!
Ok so i am new to riding . I have been using sun glasses , and even welder eye protection glasses. When i am riding at top speeds my eyes are getting watery . Any suggestions on eye wear to wear? i keep seeing guys wearing the aviator goggles . At first i thought it was for just a look , Butt now i am realizing there actually needed if your wearing the opened face helmets . Any recommendations some of you more experienced riders have?, or brands you prefer to wear? I am just getting tired of the blood shot eyes , and not to mention watery eyes while riding could be a hazard .

I new rider shouldn't be wearing an open face helmet...period. Spend that goggle money on a real helmet. ;)

Think watery eyes suck? Try grinding your face off on the pavement. :eek:

i agree a full faced helmet is way better and safer. I love the opend face helmet though, i like feeling the wind and sun on my face. I have experience riding but just not on a bike this fast.

Yeah i saw these last night. i was searching for some aviators. They look very well made. I just dont know if i am ready to drop $100 us dollars for some goggles. Great look though!

I just dont know if i am ready to drop $100 us dollars for some goggles.

That was the reason for suggesting the Bell helmet. ;)

Tripler said:
I just dont know if i am ready to drop $100 us dollars for some goggles.

That was the reason for suggesting the Bell helmet. ;)
Tripler i would feed you knuckle fist sandwich . :-X Thanks for the helmet suggestion but thats a flamer helmet!!!

OK I know that they are not cheap but in forty years of riding the best eyewear I have found is Panoptics, they are fantastic and worth the big bucks. I believe that adults are able to decide for themselves what helmet to wear, I live in Michigan and have to wear one otherwise I would not, and before anybody starts in............when my number is up I'll glady go slidin into that hole............man what a ride!!!

I believe that adults are able to decide for themselves what helmet to wear,

Can't argue with that, what i was pointing out was, a helmet for the price of a pair of goggles. Money seemed to be important as well as his eyes tearing up.

Thanks Trip.
LOUIE yes i am surrounded by assholes . TEY TEY TEREY TEY TEY TEY TEY TEY !! LOL

halcyons can be found on Ebay.uk for a good price, got mine for $14 plus shipping
sometimes you get lucky

i bought my halcyon goggles from a thrift store

she was just sitting there collecting dust

$5 :X

wiley X's hands downt he best riding glasses you can get! if you are intrested in a set my brother owns an optical company i can get them a bit cheaper than you can in stores for you. I have transion lenses in mine and love it! one pair of glasses no more claear and tinted 2 pairs... he also stocks a female version my wife LOVES! LOVES LOVES!

Helmet choice is a personal one, so don't preach.

That said, I bought a pair of "Big Ben"s on Evilbay. they have kind of a vintage look while still allowing me to wear my glasses under them.

Back
Top Bottom