XS performance exhaust = trouser explosion!

ProSimex

RUN SCREAMING!!!
Oh man... Oh BABY!!!!!

So my two XSperforance reverse cone mufflers came in today, along with the much anticipated Tach cable. After fitting the cable and mounting the tach (riding for a month and a half with no speedo or tach is annoying) I fit on the new pipes. I had been using some old slip ons that were wayyyyy too restrictive. These pipes each come with 3 allen key bolts that fit into the inside to force more air through the baffles and cut down the noise ( I think ). I stuck em all in with the idea that if it was too quiet I would pull em out.

I ran inside and grabbed my riding gear and off I went. Well the first lap around the block was so-so as I didnt let my bike warm up much. It wasn't impressed by that and in retrospect its the first/last time I'll ever do that. By lap 2 everything was well up to operating temp and running smoothly.

Note: Having a tach is REALLY nice.

Back into the open streatch (parkside cr.) I opened it up and MAN were those old pipes choking the engine! This bitch pulls now. I'm running stock headers and carbs. Nothing exciting mod-wise. But its like a whole new bike! Im still not revving it up very high 5-6rpm but its great. These pipes are also LOUD. Not as bad as the slash cut open pipes that came on it but you definatly know there is a bike in the area.

Im not the kinda guy to go around promoting products but if you have an XS650 or something similar then these are for sure a good buy!

No clue, seeing as its the same displacement the should be fine. Anyone else have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom