Shorai battery size comparison

manualofman

i always wind up with extra bolts leftover..
Had this posted on my blog, but figured I'd post it here for anyone curious about the Shorai battery sizes.

This is for the LFX12A1-BS12 (12ah/12v)

wpid-IMG_20120525_071620.jpg

there's a Keihin petcock between the two for scale.

Bought it on Amazon, for $129.95 with free shipping. Came packaged nicely, with a ton of mounting foam, hardware and even a few stickers.

haven't hooked it up yet since I'm up to my elbows in fabbing up the seat pan and battery tray.

You should have no issues with this. Few guys around my way are running way small batteries with very good luck. Start everytime and looks great.

I'm excited to see what you do for mounting, doing hidden under the pan thing?

I have a Shorai too. They are very impressive and feel fake because the weigh so little.

AJWatUC said:
Any difference in thickness?

Its a bit thinner, but not as dramatic as the height/weight differences.

Dyrden said:
I have a Shorai too. They are very impressive and feel fake because the weigh so little.

It really does. If you didn't know any better, you'd think you got scammed.

.Spindat. said:
You should have no issues with this. Few guys around my way are running way small batteries with very good luck. Start everytime and looks great.

I'm excited to see what you do for mounting, doing hidden under the pan thing?

Yup! I did a small pan under the seat. My inital design had it just barely visible on a side profile. I mounted my solenoid beside the battery, and then mounted a rectifier/regulator combo underneath the pan to give it airflow. However, the battery rides higher than the frame on the top. I was planning to have a seat pan that sat on rails on top of the frame, but i can't conceptualize how to mount the seat pan to the frame that way.

I'm planning on redesigning the battery pan to ride lower, so it may be partially visible from a sideways view!

Heres my pan since you mentioned wanting it even with the top of the frame. Mine sits even/flush. I welded two tabs a an inch forward of the curve in the rear loop and bolted the pan to it. Up front it just tucks into the gap between the factory brace and the side rails. Ill be (re)installing the electrics this week.

Untitled by bailey_james62@ymail.com, on Flickr

Nice work! What bike is that? I don't recognize those rubber flangey looking things on the side rails where the seat is.

Could you post a pic when you have the electricals back on?

Thanks it's a cb750. And yea sure, I should have it wired back up this week or next. Those rubber things arnt from a CB but they just wrap around the frame and help support the tank and tail.

Back
Top Bottom