Custom Dynamics LED circle tail light

Goldberg2363

Been Around the Block
http://www.customdynamics.com/led_billet_circle.htm
Got this tail light in the mail today and so far I'm mostly satisfied. It appears to be the perfect tail light to go in my cowl its 2 1/4'' (the actual light is 1 13/16'') so its not to big and it has 48 dual intensity LED's and to top it off its DOT approved. My first impressions were very good i hooked it up to a battery and its plenty bright. You can flush mount it by putting the bucket inside your seat and the bezel on the outside just cutting a hole for the light and drilling a hole on either side for the bolts to go though. So far i only have 3 complaints. One is that the wires coming out the back of the light are not centered enough and it wont sit flat in the bucket so I'm going to have to drill out the hole for the wires so it fits better. Second is that there is no gasket of any kind for the bezel which seems like it would a obvious think to include to keep water out. The third thing is more of a annoyance of the bolts it come with are not metric and i dont have any standard allen wrenches so that's kind of annoying that I'm going to have to get one for that. Overall i love it i have not mounted it yet but I'll post some pictures of how that works out and if i have anymore problems here of some pictures i took of it.
_MG_2992.jpg

_MG_2994.jpg

_MG_2997.jpg

_MG_2996.jpg

Ive used one on my cafe for the past year and its pretty bright!

I actually have the one with the amber leds around the perimeter and the brake light in the center (has a clear lens) for sale if anyones interested

CaTacl1sm said:
Ive used one on my cafe for the past year and its pretty bright!

I actually have the one with the amber leds around the perimeter and the brake light in the center (has a clear lens) for sale if anyones interested

Sorry to thread jack, how much would you want for it?

I have seen one used and they look to work very nicely. I have an idea for a gasket just get a sheet rubber piece. My local napa shop carries them. make the gasket yourself. use the ring as a template and cut it out with exacto knife.

cheers

Did you end up getting this on your bike ? If so would love to see some pics ? Also with LEDs on the older bikes (such as Honda 70's CB500) do you have to do anything special to get them to work, or will they run with existing wiring setup ? I would like to get some turn signals front and back that are discrete ,but when you turn them on you can see them a mile away. I would also like to replace my current taillight with something brighter.

I'm have not painted the seat yet so its not mounted but I'll post pictures once i do. The tail light should just plug and play. I've hooked it up to a battery a few times to see how bright it is and it worked fine then. LED turn signals are a different story as far as i know you might have problems. I think mostly because your flasher needs a certain amount of draw in order to work and since LED's use much less power it might not flash or it will think the a bulb is burned out and flash extra fast. You can get load equalizers like this one http://www.customdynamics.com/loadequalizer.htm that will fix that.

I just purchased some LED License Plate Bolts from CustomDynamic... have yet to install them, but they also seem to be very well made. And very bright as well. Looking forward to seeing pics of your light however.

So not to thread jack... but an update on my LED tag bolts...

Got them all wired in and one didn't work! :mad:

BUT...

I emailed Custom Dynamic and without question they are sending me another set, with no need to return the originals! Very timely response to my email and I didn't expect it to be so easy!

Back
Top Bottom