What helmets you all got these days?

lingo said:
A Nolan Trilogy is on my wish list. I have tried one on and it fit my head very well. The field of view is very good with the large visor too.

Good to hear. Do you have a rounder shape head or more oval. Mine is definately more oval...

Airoh_Force_.jpg

Airoh Force, It's like sticking your head in a pillow, fits really well.

got a full faced shoei. but i really want to get a 3/4 with big metallic flake that so ugly its cool, to wear on special occasions. i have seen what happens to guys who land on their face with a 3/4, its no pretty. but sometimes you just gotta take chances i guess.

Attachments

• helmet3.jpg
    helmet3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 153
Kanticoy said:
I wear a 3/4 Bell around town, but my main helmet that I use is a Shoei RF1100. It is one badass lid. You can find good deals on them, I think I paid $150 for mine.

Ditto on the RF1100. It's a comfy helmet, but has a fair amount of wind noise. I'll be choosing something else for my next one. My buddy let me wear his Arai RX-Q on a 6 hour round trip and I loved it. Definitely on a level above the RF1100.

il second the awesomeness of the rf1100, and the awesomeness of arai. i sold my rf and upgraded to an xtwelve. amazing lid.

lingo said:
I have an odd shaped head. I have trouble finding helmets that fit.

One more question, when you tried it on, was the sun visor really small? On the photos and reviews Ive seen of it, it looks like it doesnt come down very far leaving a pretty big open view with no sun protection... What did you think?

It seem adequate. It is the same sun visor they use on their full face helmets so it doesn't look as big with that large clear visor. If you look at their other helmets you will have a better idea of how good the coverage is.

I have an HJC cl-16, an Icon Varient, and pre-ordered an AGV Corsa.

The HJC has a decent ammount of wind noise, is fairly comfortable, fits well, and is snell 2010 approved so it can be used at a track. The Icon is great for around town, kinda loud, the visor catches a good bit of wind on the highway when you turn your head. The AGV is shipping till 2013 so I will tell you then.

I love bandit helmets. Idk how I'll look on my bike with it though, my normal riding helmet is a boring shoei :-\

Attachments

• 29534_402202781957_6888160_n.jpg
    29534_402202781957_6888160_n.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 461
ive got an arai corsair which took a long time to break in because that helmet is shorter front to rear than most others,ive also got an agv gp tech that i love.when its time for a new lid the i think the agv is going to be the replacement for this one.havent worn a 3/4 since i was a kid,im ugly enough and bustin up my grill wont help me none

Rat_ranger said:
I have an HJC cl-16, an Icon Varient, and pre-ordered an AGV Corsa.

The HJC has a decent ammount of wind noise, is fairly comfortable, fits well, and is snell 2010 approved so it can be used at a track. The Icon is great for around town, kinda loud, the visor catches a good bit of wind on the highway when you turn your head. The AGV is shipping till 2013 so I will tell you then.

I've got an HJC CL-14 that just came with the bike when I bought it. The thing is CRAZY big. Im 6'4 215 and the helmet is a large and seems to fit snug on my head but I seriously look like im wearing a giant pumpkin on my head. Which is the big reason why im lookin to get another one...

I have a HJC full face modular and a Licks 3/4 for around town. People who are interested in buying a new 3/4 need to checkout licks cycles!

Shoei Multitech.

Much lighter and quieter than the Nolan I tried out.

I find you generally get what you pay for, but I've also found that my head fits Shoei well, Arai not well and AGV not at all.

It seems that each manufacturer trends toward a specific head shape.

I always go to a stealership to try on the latest helmets to see what fits right, then I buy online...

If it doesn't fit right, it won't do it's job right. The fit is really key!

Bozz said:
Shoei Multitech.

Much lighter and quieter than the Nolan I tried out.

I find you generally get what you pay for, but I've also found that my head fits Shoei well, Arai not well and AGV not at all.

It seems that each manufacturer trends toward a specific head shape.

I always go to a stealership to try on the latest helmets to see what fits right, then I buy online...

If it doesn't fit right, it won't do it's job right. The fit is really key!

Ya im startin to sway a little from the nolan, its still in the back of my head though. I've been eyeing that Shark Evoline ST 3 HAKKA with the Gloss White/Black/Red, damn that is one beautiful lid and it looks so clean with the chin bar in the back position, almost cant even tell its a modular. Its a little pricey but ive got all winter to save. Plus it is literally the exact same colors as my bike lol...

The full-face I mostly ride with is an Element Tirade. They're made by O'Neal. Fits snug and quiet enough, but the ear pieces for the bluetooth can be uncomfortable if you don't mind them as you're putting on the helmet. Funny thing, I bought the helmet because it had bluetooth and would work with my iPhone, but it was the first thing to break on the helmet. I recently also just broke the tab where the visor fits in to. I've been trying to find a replacement visor lock online but haven't had any luck. May be time for a new full-face helmet. I also need a proper dual sport helmet. I'm thinking of getting a Fly Trekker for that.

I also have an old school pudding bowl and a vintage 3/4 I had pinstriped to match my old Suzuki, but those are pretty much for display only.

1100g87.jpg

Back
Top Bottom