YZF750/1000R - The Fly 5

canyoncarver said:
I was starting to read about the fuel pump options too. I'll need to figure that out.

Any low pressure fuel pump (IE: for carbs) will work. FJ1200, CBR600f, ZX6/9, etc. You can get copies off eBay for $30 or so. Hardest part will be finding somewhere to mount it as the YZF is pretty compact all round and there's not a lot of spare room to mount stuff.

BoyzNTHood_099Pyxurz.jpg

FZR400 has the pump bolted to the bottom of the tank just above the crankcase. You may be able to do something similar.

I pulled the better of the two tanks and it's still ugly but I will make it work. At least it has a giant hole in the bottom to clean it out after that stock pump is out. Still need to do more homework on that setup. The whole thing needs to be stripped to bare metal. I already have a new gas cap and ignition switch on it's way.
yzftank1.jpg
yzftank2.jpg
yzftank3.jpg

Last edited:
cool. what are your plans for it? vintage endurance?

doc_rot said:
cool. what are your plans for it? vintage endurance?

Thanks Doc.
It'll be a rider. Maybe track days at some point. Airtech has nice plastic for it. I was thinking reversed Kenny Roberts themed paint. Black with King Kenny yellow highlights. I have it in my head but I'm no artist.
Basic resto with a few simple proven mods here and there. I'm hoping that Ace motor is good, if it needs surgery, this bike will probably be a 750 for awhile.

teazer said:
FZR400 has the pump bolted to the bottom of the tank just above the crankcase. You may be able to do something similar.

I ordered one like this, looks like it will do the job.

Attachments

• newfp.png
    newfp.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,081
late to the party, I mean heck, little Charlie beat me here... but im watching anyways

HURCO550 said:
late to the party, I mean heck, little Charlie beat me here... but im watching anyways

I know it's edge of your seat excitement .....but don't forget you have a VF to finish up.

I found these pics of a really trick race style airbox. Might have to try and come up with something similar. At least it has me thinking about it.
yzf_airbox2.png
yzf_airbox1.png

Last edited:
teazer said:
That's a killer deal you got there and piles of spares. 41s a are just a touch on the large side for a 1000 and huge on a 750, so that means big bore kit is needed and hot cams and.... oops. There I go again. And I told my therapist I had that under control. Ah well.

Thanks Teazer. Let it all out. I do wonder if the Ace motor has been massaged. Any history working with these motors?

furu14 said:
I have done it like this:(FZR1000)fcr41 needs 7000+rpm to run wot.
9AC3B8E1-15A8-49BF-A025-B8C1465268DB_zpswkvkratw.jpg

2A6D019D-5314-4370-AD26-C214A42CDC6A_zpsvkojgddx.jpg

Neat setup.
Did you stick with the FCR41 setup or drop to a 39? Interested to hear any thoughts you have on this. Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom