Help - Oddball request

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to track down one of these Beach Buggy hardtops. For Bounty Hunter / Deserter. ;)

Attachments

• CAPD0002.jpg
    CAPD0002.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,258
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,112
Keep an eye on The Samba, Beach. Those Deserter GT's pop up for sale there. May be one on there now.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/

Here's one in Massachusetts.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1974950

irk miller said:
Here's one in Massachusetts.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1974950

Thanx for the headsup ........... I have a body [ 2 actually !! ] but in need of that gullwing hardtop.

I'll ask if the guy wants to sell it separately.

NEW project !!!!!!!!! Can't say much at the moment, but it's an entirely NEW concept for a beach buggy crossover into sports concept [ sports buggy ? ] ..... NOT using VW bits ! Similar to this rendering of the Deserter / Bounty Hunter.

Attachments

• thumbnail_4eb224e8e4d11a20aaa0de3050534191.jpg
    thumbnail_4eb224e8e4d11a20aaa0de3050534191.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 645
  • a3a00666df228d49ff94e2a1babb1432.jpg
    a3a00666df228d49ff94e2a1babb1432.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 641
  • b5081ab90a420746f873f39453b698c3.jpg
    b5081ab90a420746f873f39453b698c3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 645
Redbird said:
That's just Sexy right there.

Thanx Red,

We've got quite a bit of design work still to do ........ the chassis / running gear is NOT VW Beetle and is some 10" longer wheelbase than stock Deserter. The idea is to channel the body as far as practical [ still has to meet EU approvals ]. The Orange prototype is nearly there and has 4" longer wheelbase than the stock Deserter / Bounty Hunter.

The rolling chassis / powertrain is already homologated in the EU, so we can't stray too far away from their specs without new testing [ expensive ].

This is a design collaboration with my old German agent [ Cobras, Speedsters ] and will resurrect a well respected marque name from the Classic era for which he holds the rights to. I can't reveal much at the moment, but as soon as - I'll post up here. Prepare to be surprised !

Spotty / J Rod .... thanx for the encouragement.

I'm not sure that such a crossover has been attempted before ? As said, there's still some way to go on the final design, but essentially - that's it. Mainly details now and compliance with the UK / EU regs.

I'm a firm believer in creating a harmonious design with lots of curves - just like my women !

We do have the option of a true off road chassis with long travel suspension etc. remains to be seen if it still "looks right".

Bit of fun ............................................... ;)

anyone want to try to guess the marque revival ?

And also the powerplant ?

It looks similar to a KTM X-Bow

As for marque, hopefully it's not Allard, but I'll guess at Frazer Nash

Power plant - I'd go for a Ford Zetec S

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Jensen with Porche flat 6 motor looking at the picture or with a Ford ecoboost 4 or small 6.

I was going to guess TVR until I read they're about to re-emerge with another Griffin. Daimler was another, but with Daimler AG being the parent company of Mercedes, I'm curious if that would be allowed to happen anyway. So, I'm clueless and I'm excited to find out.

Sorry could help myself.

Well the Subaru boxers are flat enough that they should work so that is my guess for engine. As for the marque I wouldn't have a clue.

If anyone does drop on the marque - I will forward one of the new marque enamel pin badges as the grand prize ! 8)

Forget the UK ..... European exotic.

I have got written permission AND access to the stillborn LWB Griffith MOULDS. There was only ONE prototype made and one body left in the mould. We have access that mould. My plan was to drop it onto my Cobra chassis. The guy that made the continuation TVR [ SWB and LWB ] chassis' still makes them as replacements for the older cars and the guy that used to make my GRP 356 and Cobra bodies was making continuation replacement TVR bodies. Tooooo many projects - not enough time.

On the powerplant ..... none of you are thinking 21st / 22nd century ..................

Back
Top Bottom