CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: CB360- No Evil

Thought of a better way to fix plug into motor
Moved screw holes outwards a bit and fitted stainless steel screws/washers to lock onto crankcase.
I dug CB350 case out of shed and checked it fits, it does ;)
I modified the plugs, they all weigh less than 2oz
This one is the lightest, 1.89oz.
Could have gone further but didn't want it too thin
lightweightblockoff.jpg

Rocan said:
oooh, pretty... :)

Yeah, pity it's on the inside where you can't see it.
I have to get bike finished one way or another pretty soon, got date for second surgery on my arm, 27th April.
It's MAJOR and will take at least 6 months to heal up :(
Also got another $713.00 bill from dentist.
Can't believe how they get away with this shit, no other industry can fuck up then charge extra to fix the mess they made.
I'm a professional, if I make mistake, I have to fix it at my expense (or at least the shop pays ;) )

Had a really busy weekend working on 360, problem is, it wasn't mine ;D
bdn (http://www.meetup.com/Cafe-moto/) had a lot of noise coming from cam chain/tensioner after ride up to Deland during Bikeweek.
Stripped motor and found tensioner bottom holder was broken, blade jumped out of holder and wore a nice ridge into adjuster 'horseshoe'.
Camchaintensioner4.jpg

There should be a 'tang' towards the right side which guides tensioner blade into position and also stops it falling out if chain gets loose.
You can see the rough edge where it broke off (and also where the chain tried to saw through it :eek: )
Camchaintensioner3.jpg

Missing the 'guide piece', wasn't inside the engine anywhere?
The chain roller was also flat where it had rubbed on the tensioner arm
Camchaintensioner5.jpg

Anyone who's stripped a 360 knows you have to split cases to fit a new one.
Took about 10hrs to get stripped and rebuilt/running, could probably be done quicker but I had to keep explaining things plus, I fitted a new heavy duty cam chain from Z1 Enterprises while I was in there (got a 94 pin chain and shortened it to 92 pin)
Sounds wonderful now, parallel side plates should wear tensioner very slowly so should be good to go at least another 30 yrs ;D
Swapped wheels and tank on mine so I can do some more painting, etc.

10 hours? It takes us mere garage monkeys 10 weeks.......

Just kidding PJ. Glad to see you're getting your hands in some old bikes.

Haha, how much for one of those starter motor plugs?

Any tips on how to get the darn thing off?

thx

I've postponed my surgery, was due April 27th but I'm seeing surgeon on 4th May, want to find out if he's going to do rotator cuff at same time, I'm pretty pissed off that it's almost 19 months since accident
Fed up with high bars (stock 1974)
Went out last weekend, only a quick bimble about, but, bike is smoking worse on left cylinder, running really hot (275F with non-contact thermometer at clutch cover) :(
So, decided to swap in the 'dyno' engine 8)
Then, while I was at it, cut a few brackets off, remove exhaust and re-paint it, modify headlight mount and, next thing, bike is a pile of parts :D
I got forks back in with the clip-on's I made, just about perfect fit with modified stock bracket.
fitting 'Lucas' taillight with an LED bulb
Footrests are off so I'm going to make some spacers and fit the rearsets.
Going to use a ready made seat base as I don't have time to make the one I want at present (with all the other stuff going on)
Going to be a slightly modified CB360 as I now have a second one titled so that's getting the major workover (maybe, one of them is getting it ::) )
I'll take some pics tomorrow

Here's pics of modified Lucas style taillight holder and modified headlight mount
CB360LUCAStaillightmod.jpg

CB360Headlightbracketmodplusclipons.jpg

Re: CB360- Hear No Evil & Speak No Evil- yep, there's two of them

The government gets away with it all the time. They are supposed to be proffesionals too.

crazypj said:
Yeah, pity it's on the inside where you can't see it.
I have to get bike finished one way or another pretty soon, got date for second surgery on my arm, 27th April.
It's MAJOR and will take at least 6 months to heal up :(
Also got another $713.00 bill from dentist.
Can't believe how they get away with this shit, no other industry can fuck up then charge extra to fix the mess they made.
I'm a professional, if I make mistake, I have to fix it at my expense (or at least the shop pays ;) )

Re: CB360's - 1974 & 1975 - Hear No Evil & Speak No Evil- yep, there's two of them

Day started good, got bars mounted tight, holes drilled and wiring run through them, fitted exhaust system, messed with instrument mountings for way too long before I decided I'll have to make new bracket.
Started cutting seat to fit frame 'nice' then the trouble started :(
Using a mini chop saw blade from Harbor Freight in die grinder, (real good way to cut plastics) SLIPPED, big OOPS Fuck, I'm bleeding ::)
Wrapped some paper towel around it and a bunch of masking tape so I could finish off seat though 8)
Doesn't look too bad now but I think it may be pretty deep?
Fitted real old shocks and wheel/tyre so I don't get any sparks/grinding grit embedded in the 'good' parts
Not throbbing too bad so I took some pics ;D
Cut out clearance hump as I'm mounting seat a little higher, the white line on right side is where my finger stopped cutter blade :eek:
April16th2011.jpg

The offending digit and instrument, 10,000rpm cuts real quick
April16th2011-1.jpg

The finished sides
April16th2011-2.jpg

Re: CB360's - 1974 & 1975 - Hear No Evil & Speak No Evil- yep, there's two of them

ouch!! geez man take it easy.

Fk that looks sore. Just don't get any salt in it!

Got some stuff done, plus, managed NOT to hurt myself today ;D
finger is hurting, going to have to tape it up as the edge of nail keeps catching on things :'(
left seat alone today, that'll learn'it ;)
Battery box is mounted, battery fitted, making a stainless steel hold down. (but probably not before Mods and Rockers)
Fitted a solid state regulator/rectifier which looks rather good, even if I do say so myself
17thApril2011-1.jpg

17thApril2011-2.jpg

Headlight bucket is on, with a switch to turn lights off for starting
Carbs are on and connected up, throttle cable re-routed so it wont snag on anything.
Got a really nifty master cylinder, small, (11mm bore) hydraulic line exits to rear with banjo bolt, going to fit great and not interfere with headlight mountings.
Bit stuck on instruments, can't find a position I like that looks even remotely good (wasted several hours again, modifying parts)
Started on rear-sets instead, going to make a new brake lever and all the bits to fit into frame instead of cutting up stock brake pedal 8)
Found a connector block to match Honda generator plug, going to re-wire without a load of stuff
Need to get some more wire in different colours first though ::)

Who's reg/rec did you get pj? I like the look of it.

PJ--

Try stuffing super glue in that nail. Might help with the catching on things, and then it will not fall off when you wash your hands.

also sorry to hear about all the Health related issues you are running in to, I do have to say that FL health care is not some thing i would write home about.

half the reason i am trying to sell my house down their.

The starter block plug, clipon, fork clamps, anything you mill Looks awesome! if i only had a quarter of the talant you posses, all i am good for is drawing it up and sending it to the lasers, or the Fisher Price of a CNC Table i use. you really need to start selling some of your work, or do a consignment to Dime city they get 10% of what you charge or sell for off there site.

you have TRUE American MADE QUALITY!!!!

frogman said:
Who's reg/rec did you get pj? I like the look of it.

It's a modified Suzuki Intruder regulator/rectifier.
I find they are pretty good quality items because they are mounted above exhaust system so have to shed a lot of heat (and, they are cheap ;D )
I've never had a problem with one so I like them (not as much as Honda CB/CM250/400 solid state ones though ;) )
Wire colours don't match Honda but it's not a problem
I've worked for Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha dealers (never met a Kawasaki wiring harness that didn't have 'problems' so I don't 'do' them :eek: )

KrashManhatten said:
PJ--

Try stuffing super glue in that nail. Might help with the catching on things, and then it will not fall off when you wash your hands.

also sorry to hear about all the Health related issues you are running in to, I do have to say that FL health care is not some thing i would write home about.

half the reason i am trying to sell my house down their.

The starter block plug, clipon, fork clamps, anything you mill Looks awesome! if i only had a quarter of the talant you posses, all i am good for is drawing it up and sending it to the lasers, or the Fisher Price of a CNC Table i use. you really need to start selling some of your work, or do a consignment to Dime city they get 10% of what you charge or sell for off there site.

you have TRUE American MADE QUALITY!!!!

HI Krash,

Yep, made in America by a Brit ;D (actually I'm Welsh 8) )
I've sold quite a few odds and ends now, it's not a full time job though (already got one of those ??? )
I only make stuff when I have some time, then, if it works for me, I make a few more and post up in 'Selling'
I deal with people from all around the US, central Florida does seem to be some of the worst in the country for medical 'professionals', pretty sure the girls on OBT are more professional and do a better 'job' (not that I would know, too cheap to pay ;D )
I filled it with epoxy last night, there is a 0.025" gap, super glue runs out .
Good luck with the house sale, as you know, property market here is dire for sellers.

Oh, I'm doing a bit on bike, swapping out connectors and sorting wiring.

view.jpg

:) You can check out but you can't leave.

Dang PJ! Awesome as always! I want to thank you for sharing your expertise and clever bits that you have made. I have taken your ideas, twisted them a little, and adapted them to my build. Thanks!

Hey Erskine, you can see my house from there ;D

crazypj said:
Hey Erskine, you can see my house from there ;D

I thought you'd like it!

Back
Top Bottom