Going to look at this cb350.

motorhead

Been Around the Block
Hey guys. Long time no see. Been out of motorcycles for a bit but I just can't shake the bug. Found this little 350 on cl today
https://amarillo.craigslist.org/mcy/6039269462.html

Let me know your thoughts on the vin being gone and no title. I'll get more pics while I'm there. Looks like a great base for a mild cafe to buzz around this summer on.

I'm in Texas and have titled old lost title cars but when a vin is ground off it might throw up red flags.

Thanks Dustin

Wouldn't touch a bike the vin has been ground off the frame.

Salvage yard got caught doing that locally a while back. Coincidentally, those that were done that way were stolen.

Yea that's my fear. I'm going to go look but I'll give my local DMV a call tomorrow before I do anything. I would imagine this bike was stolen at some point. If I can get it for cheap enough and move all the parts to a new frame it might be worth it. Just gotta make sure this guy is not to the one that stole it.

Are there motor numbers on these bikes.

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Ok. Here's the story. The neck tag is still on there. The vin has been ground off. Supposedly because it was purchased from a cycle salvage yard as parts. Motor number is intact.

Comes with a cl 360 that has a good vin on the neck. Wants $400 for the two.

Is the number on the tag the same that was stamped into the neck?

It's a complete bike with a spare motor. He hasn't tried to get it unstuck yet but I think it might free up. There is a hole where it looks to have been dropped while stationary on the right side of the motor.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I don't know how it works there but up here in Ontario nobody has laid eyes on the vin stamped into the neck of my xs650 in the 10 years I've owned it. Can't even read it after it was powder coated. I'd stamp the good vin onto the frame and grind down the spare neck.

Looks like he took the add down. Here's some pics
1e248b81e335ed0685e1234213877272.jpg
40ea5f314dfbd324c6b6641b81b9f899.jpg
697d16bfbdbc50eb430e7d59e56c048f.jpg

If nothing else I can part it out for more than $400 for sure. I'm probably going to grab em up. Don't care much about the cl360 but it will have some hard to find parts to sell off.

Back
Top Bottom