My 76 Goldwing Bobber

durp

Been Around the Block
Dont know why I haven't posted here yet. but I'm bored at work and have bikes on the brain.

In the words of Game of Thrones, Winter is coming which means I'll be starting phase 2 of my goldwing project. If you want to see the original build of this last winter, you can see the full project here: http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22329

I never posted the project on here but thought I'd start a build thread for this phase of the project. Everyones always laughed when i told them how long i've wanted to do a goldwing bobber. Sounds ridiculous, well it is. But growing up, my dad took our family on camping trips all over the states. It was always on a particular late 70's goldwing, with sidecar. And gave me a lot of great memories growing up traveling on this thing with my family.

So for a long time ive wanted to build a goldwing to my liking out of nostalgic purposes. I bought this back in september 2012 and rode it. But once it got cold enough I tore it apart and began doing the major stuff.

When I bought it. Rode it home and only gave $400 for it. He was asking $500. So I got a deal on a deal.

before:
1.jpg

current version:
dw-tent.jpg

dw-seat.jpg

dw-rear.JPG

dw-lake.jpg

The current motor is the 1000cc. I have a 1200 layin around that I will put in this winter. its a good 25hp jump. It will involve getting the complete wiring loom, and likely the carbs. But one thing I would like to try is using 2 double barrel vw carbs with velocity stacks stickin straight up.

I'll also spend time tearing it all down again, and really polishing up the paint, and fine tuning all the little details.

new motor to go in
1200-motor.JPG

I'm thinking of just doin a brushed metal finish and clearing it, instead of paint, this time around

Very Cool! I bobbed a 81 CB750 the same way (except I used two shocks) I'm really digging your bike. It's got me thinking about a possible Goldwing in my future...

Found it at an old thrashers flea market. Tons of antique stuff, plenty of tractor seats to choose from.

That looks unexpectedly better than I thought it would as a bobber. Not my style, but I can certainly appreciate it. Nice work thus far, in for more

CXMAN here is your go-to for the carb setup if you don't have that lined up. Nice bike.

Rich Ard said:
CXMAN here is your go-to for the carb setup if you don't have that lined up. Nice bike.

Did CXMAN do a double barrel carb setup on a bike?

Man it's been ages since I last posted. Long over due, but made tons of progress on this bike. Since last posting, swapped new motor in. Setup dual double barrel weber IDF-40 carbs. Few other fun bits. Anyways, on with some pics.
deathwing.jpg

deathwing-gb500.jpg

deathwing.jpg

Very nicely done. That might be the first tractor style seat that I've liked. Nice work. Any more detail of the dash?

canyoncarver said:
Any more detail of the dash?

Pretty simple really. Thats the temperature gauge in the middle of it. And those 4 switches, starting from the left: Turns on iphone charger, hi/low beam, kill switch, starter switch.

And I use a GPS speedometer app on my iphone.

cxman said:
what gas tank did you use?

They're old harley split tanks. Had to chop and reweld a lot of the bottom of both of them to fit around the electronics and radiator filler cap.

Back
Top Bottom