Not a vintage helmet, but question none the less. HCI 15-650

pawn

Over 1,000 Posts
Anyone have one of these helmets?

http://www.helmetsetc.com/detail.asp?product_id=HCI15-650-BLACK-GOLD

Wondering how they are. I'm gonna need one as soon as my bike is up and running even though there's no law here requiring the use of a helmet. Let me know how HCI helmets fit.

Thanks

Jeff

pawn said:
Anyone have one of these helmets?

http://www.helmetsetc.com/detail.asp?product_id=HCI15-650-BLACK-GOLD

Wondering how they are. I'm gonna need one as soon as my bike is up and running even though there's no law here requiring the use of a helmet. Let me know how HCI helmets fit.

Thanks

Jeff

Holy shit 70 bucks for a helmet? Wow, I might need to pick one up...

andrew embassy said:
Holy shit 70 bucks for a helmet? Wow, I might need to pick one up...
if you do any time soon, post a review. I'd like to hear about it at least before buying one. $70 is not bad, but could be $70 totally wasted.

I have a half helmet. It was cheap- partly because it is cheaply made.
BUT- it is DOT and it's actually pretty darn comfortable.

tis a good looking helmet

check out newenough.com for helmets too, most are full face though, i wear an icon helmet and it fits me good

try on a helmet at a motorcycle dealer so you can get your size and see how it fits and than go price them from new enough or online and see if the motorcycle dealer will match the online price, most will now but will match the price online plus shipping :)

These sell locally for almost double the price
http://www.docsleathers.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35_52

I've got 2 HCI helmets, a puddin bowl and a vintage style full face. I like them both. The puddin bowl doesn't float and jiggle around on my head like some half helmets I've worn, the full face has adequate padding and venting. Although the full face did seem to take a little while to break in and fit as comfortably as it does now, but it's all good at this point.

I did look at one of these locally and didn't buy it. The helmet looks sweet as hell, but the mechanism on the retractable sun visor was so cheaply made that I didn't want to go anywhere near it...
http://www.helmetsetc.com/detail.asp?product_id=HCI16-MATT-BLACK
Looks like the 15-650 doesn't have the retractable visor though, so it should be good to go.

Sho nuff.
HPIM1733.jpg

That open face helmet looks pretty dope! I was considering getting a full face but I think I'll get an open face for warmer weather :D
Nice share!

goodfornothing said:
That open face helmet looks pretty dope! I was considering getting a full face but I think I'll get an open face for warmer weather :D
Nice share!

i have ridden my scoot with a full face helmet in 85 degree weather with the visor flipped up and my face was plenty cool :) just an fyi if your debating between a full face or open face lid/helmet :)

it gets damn hot here in the summer, 100 degrees and above and when it gets 80/85 i give into the riding itch and go riding :)

Just bringing this back up because it's hard for me to find in my old posts. Anyway, I just ordered the helmet now, so I will post up on it's fit and quality. I ordered myself a large. I generally wear a 7 1/4 fitted baseball hat size, so I figure large should be just fine for me.

the helmet is confortable on. I haven't ridden with it yet though and I imagine it will be pretty hot since the vents are very small. The lens is very nice and I really dig it's shape. Apprently you can get a replacement lens that is straight bottomed, but I like it's curves. I may get a smoked screen in the fiture so I won't have to wear sunglesses underneath. Overall I'm happy with it though.
161c8oz.jpg

brewtown16 said:
hows the road noise? visibility?
i haven't ridden with it on yet, I sprained my back and had to have my hand stitched up this past Sunday, so I can only go by how it feels on my head while not riding. I will post back in here once I'm able to ride again letting you know how it does.

andrew embassy said:
Holy shit 70 bucks for a hat shaped like a helmet? Wow, I might need to pick one up...

fixed for you.

guys, get a real damn helmet. open face/pudding bowls look cool but your face wont in a crash.

I dont mean to get all gear-nazi on ya but seriously, it really is the most important bit of gear you can own.
swisherhelmet1.jpg

I just crashed last week in my full face, and while it didn't suffer a ton of damage on the front, I'm confident it saved me some road-rash or worse on my face and broken glasses, which could have gotten nasty.

It's being replaced with the same helmet. Shoei RF-1000. Might go for the X-11, just need to see if it is as comfortable.

Tim said:
I just crashed last week in my full face, and while it didn't suffer a ton of damage on the front, I'm confident it saved me some road-rash or worse on my face and broken glasses, which could have gotten nasty.

It's being replaced with the same helmet. Shoei RF-1000. Might go for the X-11, just need to see if it is as comfortable.

what ride did you do the 'highside on?

...anyway...
rode today for a little bit to see how the bike was working and how the helmet felt. Not much wind noise as I expected, so that was nice and seeing as how it's about 90 here with humidity I was surprised that I wasn't pouring buckets of sweat from it. Overall the helmet is very comfortable and I'm happy with my purchase.

Back
Top Bottom