like the sign says, anything goes.....

loudest143

Insert sense of humor here---->
Well, since the sign says anything goes......

I visit another website, and I constantly have to deal with the uptight, pompous, self ritcheous attitude that is the "more experienced rider". Let me just say this.... Shut yer damned mouth if you can't offer at least one morsel of help. I could care less if you don't approve of me ripping apart a "classic". That sounds like YOUR PROBLEM.

I am constantly inundated with douchebag du jour who thinks they need to chime in and point out that I've made some catastrophic error in judgement by bobbing the rear fender or painting my "classic" in a color other than the approved list of 3 OEM colors. What freakin' ever.

Now, to clarify, if you are posting to be sarcastic, witty, or just plain funny, POST ALL YA LIKE. For the record, funny, good; pompous turd sandwich, bad.

There are plenty of bikes on here that I just don't care for. Great thing about those bikes, they're NOT MINE, so why should I care what somebody does to it?? I might politely point out the the pink rear fender takes the focus away from the front floorboards that were added to that CB175. Then again, I might just PM a buddy and say, "WTF!!"

Sorry, tired of the turd sandwiches on dial up.

loudest143
*going for my medication now.

I hope the frustration is aimed at the members of that 'other' site and not our upstanding, open minded membership :)

I'm going to go remove the pink fender from my CB175 now.

LOL I don't think I've posted once on that "other" site without getting flamed... and I more or less know what I'm doing!! hahaha

Tim said:
I hope the frustration is aimed at the members of that 'other' site and not our upstanding, open minded membership :)

I'm going to go remove the pink fender from my CB175 now.

Tim, your site has a great blend of riders. I like the creative element found here. People appreciate creativity, inventive notions, and sharing of tricks, tips, and concepts. The other site I refer to is great for getting the old whiners to complain that your bike no longer looks like it did when it came off the showroom floor. Seriously, if I wanted a new bike I'd buy one. Then I'd chop the shite outta it.

loudest143

Yeah I spent my first little while over on the other site too... Never got flamed for anything (though I might now if I showed my paintjob... when I first posted it over there white checkers on black paint wasn't "pase" yet).

On the same note, some of the guys are pretty knowledgeable... In fact, I still don't understand how this site retains it's atmosphere. Every other forum I'm on is full of 'flamers'. :p

Keep up the good work picking out the bad apples guys. 8)

i feel ya loudest. ive been apart of other forums for a short while, *ahem* jockey journal *ahem* caferacer.net *cough* and i have been highly criticized of my little 360. they dont appriciate that i build her not for being shiny, but a rocket for me to whip around town. i love that its dirty! here, its more like a brotherhood. we all have diffrent tastes and ideas, and we all appreciate the help or constructive criticism available. i think its the one reason why ive stayed here, everyone is an inspiration, and more like a club than a website.

the other site I'm referring to has to do with the brand of bike that I ride. ;) The craptastic part is, there is tons of information there, and it's very good, accurate, well documented information. That being said, many of the holders of said information act like they're The Overlord Of Bike Knowledge. They sit high atop the mountain, looking down on us mortals, and shake their knarled finger at us in disdain whenever we ask a question that you can't find the answer to with their stupid search function that never works right. "Did you try the search function, new guy?" "Yes, I did, and I kicked out 135,700 threads. I don't have that kind of time. Oil is spewing from my bike. Maybe you could type the same amount of words and ANSWER MY FREAKING QUESTION."

Search functions are great, but limited by the admin's ability to understand reality. Here,that's not a problem. Funny thing is, all this uproar was after I read a thread started by ANOTHER user. Same old crap, old guys spewing shite about "No0b, use the search function", or "hey dude, I know what's wrong with your bike, but I'm gonna make a snooty comment about how you've missed one step that I won't tell you about until it's too late for you to repair it." Thanks, uptight self ritcheous turd. Do I sound bitter? I can never tell.

Of course, you may not disagree with my opinion or perception of this situation. That's your right. If you do, feel free to post a well written, well thought out response supporting your viewpoint and how you arrived at said view.

For the record, I am not a gun owner, nor am I an employee of the USPS. In case anyone was wondering. ;D

loudest143
*you have a nice day

I 'feel' your pain! I visit multitude of sites fairly regularly too. I don't spend much time on sites that 'come on' like you describe though! It's just to darn frustrating and I don't have the time to waste on 'those' people! ;D

The solution is simple. Waste ALL your time HERE! ;) (Group hug! :-* ) :D :D

Flugtechnik said:
Well there's your problem, you don't own a honda. :D

You might be right. I do however like my GS. Big hulking girl that she is. I like em in my weight class. hehheh

I had a similar problem at caferacer. I made a innocent comment and got called a douche bag by this prick who turned out to be a moderator, of all things! Then I got bum rushed by other members for calling him a few imaginative names! I dared to ask the mod who he thought he was telling a person (the OP) how to build his bike using his own money and his own time. Bum rushed again. I told them they were fancied themselves purists in a genre that was open to interpretation, which is ridiculous, to say the least. They didn't get it at all... Tools! Then some dude said I belonged here with all the other dipshits. I checked out this site and instantly felt at home. I went back to caferacer to thank the dude for the referral! Yeah, they have some builders there with awesome skills, but it ain't worth it to stick around if I'm gonna get shit on for voicing opinions. The whole blowup was about nothing more than making knee indents and rear sets. Can you believe it???

biker_reject said:
I had a similar problem at caferacer...... They didn't get it at all... Tools! Then some dude said I belonged here with all the other dipshits. I checked out this site and instantly felt at home. I went back to caferacer to thank the dude for the referral!

I'd like to stay here with the dipshits too, if it's okay. :D :D :D

DIPSHITS-R-US

That was the working title for this site, but I settled on DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom