Cafe Fairings -Updated with new windscreen--PRICE DROP.

J-Rod10

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Starting to build a bikini fairing. They fit most anything. For now, they will have a fiberglass windscreen. It is small (I'll have the first windscreen laid up in the morning, just sprayed gelcoat on the mold). Will have acrylic in the coming weeks. Asking $100 + the ride.

20150124_195634_zps7xkpk2dw.jpg

20150124_195643_zpsqrkdrtcg.jpg

20150124_195702_zpsdrnxlbfl.jpg

20150124_191150_zpsrnmndvbt.jpg

20150124_191217_zpsjaa1durt.jpg

IMAG0781_zpsxztf4avm.jpg

IMAG0868_zpsllxtjzv7.jpg

IMAG0867_zpspluinosl.jpg

Re: Cafe Fairings

Thanks, Drey. I wanted something a little sportier than the Emgos. I think it turned out quite well.

Will the windscreens be removable/interchangeable (i.e. if I buy one now, will I be able to swap on an acrylic later?)

Are you going to provide any brackets or is it going to be strictly DIY?

krafty said:
Will the windscreens be removable/interchangeable (i.e. if I buy one now, will I be able to swap on an acrylic later?)

Are you going to provide any brackets or is it going to be strictly DIY?
Screens will be interchangable (will be done with two identical molds). Brackets will be DIY. I used flat stock that can be picket up at Lowes, Tractor Supply, Home Depot, etc, and they attach at the pinch bolts on the trees.

Will have some pics of the windscreen up this evening. Getting it trimmed down to size and mounted to the fairing (Will mount with a few SS buttonheads).

Here's the jist of the screen. Thinking about cutting it a little shorter at the top so it sticks out about 2.5" less.

20150126_175546_zpsu76dmk3s.jpg

20150126_175534_zpsgdkh4s5i.jpg

20150126_175611_zpszndcqa48.jpg

20150126_175637_zpsu8jprzqo.jpg

I'd be interested in one of these fairings. What size is the headlight opening?

Opening is 7". Can be drum sanded out to make the opening accommodate a larger bucket though.

Shortening it may look more appealing. Is the prototype at a point after measurements to play with the shape some more? That way you know where you started and can see what you can change for the better or just to try something out.

Drey6 said:
Shortening it may look more appealing. Is the prototype at a point after measurements to play with the shape some more? That way you know where you started and can see what you can change for the better or just to try something out.
I have molds made of the fairing, have sold around a dozen of them at this point. The windscreen I can still play with.

Re: Cafe Fairings -Updated with new windscreen.

Have a few more of these ready to ship.

Great looking wind screen. Might have to save up some pennies to order one.

Thank you. I'll have one if you decide you want one.

$100 + the ride. Little cheaper than your Emgo's and Viper's, but better looking

Back
Top Bottom