Xr250 street tracker

dualero said:
Isn't that front tire backwards?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Probably not, the front tread on a lot of cycle tires is directional and the backwards 'V" look is to shed water away from the rear tire.

Bike is looking great

Thanks guys. Maritime is right the treads oppose each other for these tires. Like he said it's pretty common on bikes. Hopefully I'll have my exhaust bits in and can get to work on it Saturday or Sunday, then it's almost ready to tune. It's getting warm and I snuck the norton out yesterday and I can't wait to hit the gravel with this one!

Maritime said:
Probably not, the front tread on a lot of cycle tires is directional and the backwards 'V" look is to shed water away from the rear tire.

Bike is looking great

That's true, but I did not remember that fact. I've been a mtb guy since I can remember and this also happens for mountain bikes tires, thanks for the input.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I snuck in another day today. I ordered all ss tubing and the wire I need and hoped to had it to knock hat out today, but it didn't show. So I took the time to figure out a few things I've been procrastinating on. A nice plate mount and where to put my switches. I couldnt find a housing I liked so I made one, and figured out a way to mount the plate on my shock and made/painted the bracket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 356
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    868 KB · Views: 393
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.3 KB · Views: 357
Thanks guys my exhaust tubing showed up today and I'm giddy like a school girl! I love playing with stainless.

1sttimer I sure wouldn't mind. If you need any help drop me a line!

Kg_Customs said:
Thanks guys my exhaust tubing showed up today and I'm giddy like a school girl! I love playing with stainless.

1sttimer I sure wouldn't mind. If you need any help drop me a line!

You got it brother.

Had another late shop night and knocked out the 2-1 collector. It's ony tacked until I finish everything else.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 364
Got a bit more done. All tacked up and starting to do final welds on the exhaust.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 440
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 408
Great job on the exhaust, looks awesome. Post a video when you get it running, love to hear what it sounds like.

Finished the exhaust and gave it a brushed finish. Everything is welded with out clamps for a seamless look. I can now focus all my attention on making it run and getting it rideable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 537
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,174
Well I finally pulled my head out of my ass and spent some more time on this one. Finalized the wiring, dialed the in the carb, and am getting the shake down runs on. So far I've logged about 100 miles, all full of wheelies, curb hopping, twisties, dirt mud and general shenanigans. This bike is loud, fast, and nothing but trouble. I'm extremely happy with the outcome and who ever buys it will be too. My only regret is not putting in a cr250 or 500 lump...maybe on the next build. I'll have another video and proper photo shoot of it up soon enough. Here's after last nights ride getting in late and covered in bugs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 549
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    893.2 KB · Views: 504
Back
Top Bottom