Rock City Cafe Racer Intercepter seat install on a 78 CB550

Jt500

78 CB550F "the F is for FUCK YOU!"
Well, guys “an chickys” I figured I'd start this thread to document the adventures of a mildly retarded and ADD sickle jockey.....

First off I’d like to say thank you to ROCK CITY CAFE RACERS via DIME CITY CYCLES for having the seat I wanted and for providing them to the public at large.....

I’ve been dyeing to do this since I bought the 550 in July. Not like it didn’t start out as a good looking sickle, it just didn’t fit me all stock & shit... I cant leave a bike untouched. Some time stock sucks and you all know it.

So I’ll try not to rant on and get all ADD on you all. I also hope this can help and maybe even spark ideas of your own to get your cafe the way you want it.......

Here's the before pic..... The seat pic from DIME CITY.. & a quick photoshop mock up....

Attachments

• IMG_4236.JPG
    IMG_4236.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN1700.jpg
    DSCN1700.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 320
  • cafeseatfitting.jpg
    cafeseatfitting.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 301
So before the box was even in the trash; I had already jacked the seat & the fender. With a lot of shifting and staring, pocking and prodding it fit like a glove. Well, a glove with one too many fingers, aka “front helmet hook”...

Now it was down to how the fuck am I going to get this to stay put... Plus I wanted the option to lift it up. Or take it off with the quickness, so I got to thinking. And for me that can be a daunting task, taking that the ADD makes my mind run like a marathoner with his ass on fire.

First I was going to use the original hinges on the frame. Seeing how I wasn’t cutting them off anyway. But if I went that route I’d have to notch the seat pan on both sides to clear the frame. Plus it made it sit up too high. I am working to keep it as close to the frame as I could stand. I always hated the look of the seat just floating above the frame rails.

So after much thought and debate with myself, I dug around my bag of tricks. I found a whacked out seat hinge I pinched from a junk pile at the old shop where I used to work. For once all the hoarding, all the little pieces of shit widgets came in very handy. But I think with some time you could get a door hinge and some wits to do the same thing.

Ok, I’ll shut the fuck up now. :-X

Attachments

• cafeseat fit1.jpg
    cafeseat fit1.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 309
  • cafeseat3.jpg
    cafeseat3.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 300
Well, I see some of you have looked, yet no one seems to comment... No worrys.. I guess that could be a good sign that no one hates the idea....... I know i aint braking any new ground here, just throwing my hat into the proverbial ring.... So ill continue to try not bore you to death.......... ;D

The bottom pic almost looks like Kim Kardashianus ass....... an Y? is "anus" in here name???

Attachments

• cafeseatfit5.jpg
    cafeseatfit5.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 300
  • cafeseatfit6.jpg
    cafeseatfit6.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 267
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• cafeseatfit11.jpg
    cafeseatfit11.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 307
  • cafeseatfit10.jpg
    cafeseatfit10.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 273
  • cafeseatfit8.jpg
    cafeseatfit8.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 278
:eek: SHIT... I just noticed some of these pics are out of order.... O well..... :eek:

Attachments

• cafeseatfit2.jpg
    cafeseatfit2.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 268
  • cafeseatfit4.jpg
    cafeseatfit4.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 292
Ok ok... stop with all the pushin..... ;D

Well guys its been a minute. Sorry its slow going on the ol cafe seat project.... Had to move twice in this last few months. YES twice... It aint been fun and shits been hard...

But at least it seems like the family has landed on its feet, yet still broke as a piggy bank beating from a crack whore swinging a 10 pound hammer....

Ok on to the fucking seat...................

I have just a few more things to do and I think I have this fucker all done & done... But $$$$ and metal and decent method of getting a clean 90’ bend in said metal is a big halting pain in the ass............

(((We had great weather since DEC.....its fucked even for the south "Georgia" like 60' in January!! So I've been riding her with the stock seat every chance I get.... HEY can you fault me..... I think not!!!! )))

Attachments

• cafeseatonDEC#1.jpg
    cafeseatonDEC#1.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 265
  • cafeseatonDEC#2.jpg
    cafeseatonDEC#2.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 250
As for the bracket....... ALWAYS make a cardboard templet........ (ahh dah)........... Heres the one Im going with the 1st set up sucked......

Sorry this was kinda rushed, no rest for the wicked an all that shit..............

Attachments

• cafeseatcardboardbrace.jpg
    cafeseatcardboardbrace.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 260
  • Dzus Pro Clip-On - 4 Pack - Main - 640_wm.jpg
    Dzus Pro Clip-On - 4 Pack - Main - 640_wm.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Cafeseatcardboard#2.jpg
    Cafeseatcardboard#2.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 407
Back
Top Bottom