Yes, another CB360 Project - BRGT

Viet, I'm just like everyone else that has an old bike that is sick of setting points. I have 3 bikes with points and seem to always be setting things. I have issues with the springs in stock settings just because of their age.

If you guys plan on mass producing the ignitions there is a heck of a market for a well made kit that is in the 90-150$ range. I'd be game for a couple at least.

Got my Tusk truing stand and it works great. Used my wife's guitar tuner to set the tension on the spokes. "C" was the gold standard as I tapped each spoke and measured its' frequency.

Installed tires and I finally have a roller. I really like the look of these Avons.

Next up is fabricating the seat and tank painting. Plus a million other things as i multi-task my blues away. . .

Wow, Mike, you have done wonderfull job for the wheel. I can not do the wheel balancing job, always have imbalance result. The wheel looks shiny. Nice job done

Hey bud, plz do me a favor when you got a second and a digital caliper in your hands. measure the actual inflated width of the tires. thanks.
super clean and super nice job on everything.

trek97 said:
Hey bud, plz do me a favor when you got a second and a digital caliper in your hands. measure the actual inflated width of the tires.

Trek - Here you go, tires inflated to 40 psi:

Front (90/90 x 18) Width is 86.8 mm or 3.41"
Rear (100/90 x18) Width is 96.4 mm or 3.798"

Hope that helps you out.

You know, I have never even thought to take a tuner to the strings. Got me thinking now.....

frogman said:
You know, I have never even thought to take a tuner to the strings. Got me thinking now.....

My wife's ear is much better than mine, so I cheated and used this. It defintely gets things in the ballpark FM.

I had 3 hours off and on to work on my bike this weekend. I'm not sure why people say they have trouble putting the motor back into the frame. With my frame strapped down, and 3 feet off the ground, it was a piece of cake to lift the motor and gently slide it into place.

But now, how does one guy get this off the table and down to planet earth? Yep, the beauty of the "come along".

Push the bike over onto its' back tire.

Start cranking her up into the air.

Undue the table and start lowering her down.

Finally starting to look like a bike. ;D

I know a few guys are chompin' at the bit to see how the EI from Viet works on the 360. Rather than concentrate on the seat, painting the tank, making it pretty, I'm going to focus on the wiring next and see if I can't bring the beast to life. One step at a time. . .

If necessity is the mother of invention, then ingenuity is surely its father.....

Next Time I want to see a video of it going down...or better yet putting it back up...lol

Wangofree said:
I had 3 hours off and on to work on my bike this weekend. I'm not sure why people say they have trouble putting the motor back into the frame. With my frame strapped down, and 3 feet off the ground, it was a piece of cake to lift the motor and gently slide it into place.
You should be very muscle guy. It took me and another guy to put the 350 engine into the frame with lot of scratch on the frame.
I see the seat's position is blocked with metal seat, are you afraid of the tire will touch the metal sheet when you ride the bike. Actually that is not problem for small guy like me but I saw my 80kg friend on my CB350 and he rock my number plate off the seat.

Viet said:
I see the seat's position is blocked with metal seat, are you afraid of the tire will touch the metal sheet when you ride the bike?

Hi Viet - I assume you might be refering to the distance between the tire and the welded plate under the rear frame. If so, I don't think I'll compress the frame enough to hit the tire. I'll have to bounce on it and see what happens. I am a typical fat fellow tipping the scale at 200 lbs for my 6' frame, so we'll see if it is an issue.

Frankenfe - Hopefully there won't be a "next time" that requires me to put the bike back up on my makeshift stand. :eek:

Mike

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,024
Hi Mike,
I've just read back the installation guide, there is no place tell you that you need to remove the condenser as this system does not need condenser.
Thanks
Viet

I had to go to work today and Sunday so I didn't have a lot of free time when I got home, but I needed to shorten the Motion pro clutch cable I bought.

What I thought would take about an hour ended up taking 2 hours. That happens when you lose focus and make a bone head mistake. I measured the cable length, but didn't realize the clutch actuator was fully engaged, not in the "rest" position. Fortunately I had enough cable length to start over.

Here's what I started with, way too long.

Measure twice cut twice, the sheath and the cable. Too bad I had to do this all over again. :mad: But! The mighty Dremel Saw Max makes short work of it.

Removing the sheath cap, you can reuse it if you hammer the crimping out over a drill bit.

Cap attached, and I know, I know, a screw on barrel. I thought I'd go this route and solder a barrel on later.

It installed with a couple of inches to spare. It's nice and tight, pertect fit.

Adjusted, the clutch lever pull is perfect. No issue. ;D

Now I need to start thinking about wiring this puppy up! Oh joy of joys. ::)

I think I am one of those people bitching about putting the motor into the frame also.

I picked my motor up off the floor to set it on the bench, and I will not be doing that again into a freshly painted frame.

Me personally, I'll be setting the engine on it's side, and putting the frame onto it.

My frame is way lighter than the engine. Plus I'm a "one man band" over here.

MGD said:
Plus I'm a "one man band" over here.

Hey MGD - I'm with you brother, a one man show as well, and I'm 60 years old! ;D Seriously, with the motor on my bench and the frame up high on the "Work Mate", it was just a straight shot. Lift, turn and slid it in. No problem. But each of us has our challenges.

To avoid certain embarrassment, I will not be stating that I am almost 30 years younger than you sir.

I've said too much.

MGD said:
To avoid certain embarrassment, I will not be stating that I am almost 30 years younger than you sir.

I've said too much.
Me too,
I am 37 and I used to think Sir Wangofree is a young guy. So energy you are. I totally admire your work.

Back
Top Bottom