76 CB360, Cherry Bomb at Barber's

Re: improved carbs new mufflers 76 CB360, before & after

"Its good but I think it could be a teeny bit better...I think Ill try this."
welp, atleast you aren't saying that to her when she is standing there asking you for your opinion on a particular outfit for that day... then she would be doing a little more than rolling eyes I think haha

Carbs are such a pain in the ass sometimes. You really have to take your time with them and you are right, lots and lots of tweaking..

You have a video of that thing runnin yet?

Re: fun toolbox done 76 CB360, before & after

My funny little toolbox. I think it turned out pretty nice...wife says "its cute"
cost me a total of $10.90 to make this...all but the valve was just crap I had laying around the garage.

empty camp stove bottle
small piece of sheet alum...leftover from AC duct work
banding iron for tabs
sheet metal for bracket...leftover from battery tray
3/4 emt straps...leftover from basement water line work (adjust it for clearance/easy to remove, carb work)
ss hose clamps...leftover from pool (wrong size)
bottle lined w a piece of roofing rubber & put tools in old sock. rubber twixed bottle & bracket. no rattles.
blue paint...leftover from model rocket days gone past.
valve $10.90 + free super saver shipping
The look on some random crotch rocket riders face...will be priceless!!!

11494-250917052838-27761303.jpeg

And it doubles as a cooler...huggie fits perfect in there...to bad I dont drink. (beer left over from brother in laws last visit)

11494-250917052839-2777159.jpeg

haha dude that is way cool. great job, very creative, funny, and funtional! win win win

thanks bud, I like it too. I find a sense of humor is a big help, if a guy wants to build a ride one of these old bikes. Not something for guys who get easily frustrated and pissed off.

The moment I've been waiting for... fantastic!

Re: fun toolbox76 CB360, before & after

A little better pic. AND w Master Jedi PJ got carbs working good !!! did 20 miles this morning. twixed 65-75mph, 4 stop signs, Not a sputter or hiccup. Got all my tools in bottle. (I believe everything to completely disassemble entire bike. including 2 fresh plugs). and my new muffler brackets, plasma cut, painted, installed this morning.

11494-250917052839-27781158.jpeg

next make fork lowers black and forks springs powdered chrome. and I think thats it.

well, maybe powder rims...but that'll next winter

Re: fun tool box 76 CB360, before & after

You know what I like about this build? It doesn't look like or have the style of any of the other builds. The colors are way off of the norm which makes it look even that much better.

AzHonda said:
You know what I like about this build? It doesn't look like or have the style of any of the other builds. The colors are way off of the norm which makes it look even that much better.
Thanks guys,
I was talkin w buddies a week ago. said this winter I might strip motor and just go polished. Same guys that have said its ugly, wrong and stupid. ALL cried out NOOO WAY thats what makes it so cool!!! Im like "you ass holes...all you do is bad mouth it. and they all secretly like it...just scared to admit it. I think they are all secretly gay too!!!

I would strip the carbs anyways.. Maby the side cases and valve cover too. But then this idea came to you in a dream or something didnt it? Arnt you supposed to follow your dreams or some rubbish like that?

Re: A word about My Vintage Firestones, 76 CB360, before & after

I would like to make a note about my tires.
I have gotten along fine w these Coker Vintage Firestones. Ive put over 1000 miles on them, without issue. I am not a speed racer. I cruise around. Sure I have hit 80mph on em a couple times, on nice smooth straight stretches of asphalt. I am in central Illinois. 99% of my riding is 65-70mph on straight roads w the occasional long S curve. My riding consists of 65% Asphalt & concrete, 30% chip & tar, 5% loose gravel.

I dont recommend them on loose gravel.
I dont ride in the rain. I dont ride when roads are wet.
I dont recommend them on cafe racers.
I dont recommend them for tight leaning corners. (they are square shaped)
Not high speeds
I am 45 years old, I got all that worked out of me a long time ago

Re: A word about My Vintage Firestones, 76 CB360, before & after

trek97 said:
I would like to make a note about my tires.
I have gotten along fine w these Coker Vintage Firestones. Ive put over 1000 miles on them, without issue. I am not a speed racer. I cruise around. Sure I have hit 80mph on em a couple times, on nice smooth straight stretches of asphalt. I am in central Illinois. 99% of my riding is 65-70mph on straight roads w the occasional long S curve. My riding consists of 65% Asphalt & concrete, 30% chip & tar, 5% loose gravel.

I dont recommend them on loose gravel.
I dont ride in the rain. I dont ride when roads are wet.
I dont recommend them on cafe racers.
I dont recommend them for tight leaning corners. (they are square shaped)
Not high speeds
I am 45 years old, I got all that worked out of me a long time ago

Ha! I hear ya brother! Iam turning 40 this year and hit 75mph the other day on my 360 and that was fast enough!

Re: A word about Vintage Firestones, 76 CB360, before & after

AzHonda said:
Ha! I hear ya brother! Iam turning 40 this year and hit 75mph the other day on my 360 and that was fast enough!

I know right...a couple weeks ago I passed a car on two lane at 80mph. I heard this sound inside my helmet as I carefully and slowly leaned to merge back over into our lane...
Ooooooooooooh.
It was me making that sound. as I concentrated on NOT over correcting and flying off into the ditch!!!! I told a kid the other day. 80mph is fun for a second or two....81mph is flat out scary.

Re: A word about Vintage Firestones, 76 CB360, before & after

I found a HUGE problem w new carb kits this morning...and fixed it easily!!! but you may need to pull carbs, clean and check fuel jets and air jets.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=37188.new#new

Re: Found a fix my Keihin 754 carbs, 76 CB360, before & after

Tuning these damned Keihin 754 carbs they used on the 1976 Honda cb360t. I have been fighting them for a while. The reasons for the carb changes is tuning for use w pods and pipes. Tuning has not been a walk in the park. But now Ive got it. No sputters, pops, cutting out, hiccups any where on the tach scale from 1200-9000 in any gear. Oh and the best part. I am still a touch rich down low...so pipes still cackle when slowing to a stop. The fastest I have ridden is 85, I can easily accelerate up hill in 6th gear. I believe she would do 100 +, but Im not gonna find out.
So, if you are tuning your 754s due to filter and pipe changes. Good F-ing luck. Here are a few obstacles I overcame.
I bought 2 kits from Keyster, Almost useless. The main secondaries were wrong...they include 100s, stock is 110. The bowl gaskets are a nothing more than a bad joke, o-rings = crap. I found the gaskets I currently have in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket of old gaskets and o-rings, stuffed under a work bench, down at my local service station Dons Marathon Parts plus, Don was nice enough to let me dump the bucket on a workbench and sift through to see if he had anything I could use...I ended up w 5 gaskets that work perfectly, FREE. Also the kits include new springs for the air/fuel needles. If you use them be sure to file the sharp ends down smooth. They can cut into brass needle seat, causing your carbs to clog w brass particles. So, it would just be best to re-use your original springs from kehein if possible. I also had mods done by a Mechanic/friend I met online, in Florida. PJ (crazypj), I dont know exactly what kind of voodoo he did. But, he did something good. When I sent them they were way to rich w stock 110s. So, I tried leaner jets, ran better...but no power at all. when I got them back from PJ they were rich mid range rpms and lean in High rpms w 112s. So, I was able to work w that, on the fine tuning.
Also I found apparently money cant buy Primary mains. I found a pair from another carb could be modified to work in these kehein 754s. I took them to a new friend/machinist/Instrument maker...Stuart DeHaro, and had him "fix" them. Also, dude will make you custom French Horns in his spare time. http://deharohorns.com/ check it out.
So here is my current carb configuration: (yours may be different, due to the 36 year old personality of the beast) I just ordered a couple new Secondary mains (122s, 125s)and needle shims. I believe plugs could use just a touch more color. I have been talking w PJ about this jet modification and he may start making these Primary mains in the future...you will have to speak w him about that.

New 3/16" fuel lines
K&N stainless steel mesh fuel filters
Original stock needles (no shims)
Original stock #35 Pilot jets
New #62 Primary Main Jets
New #120 Secondary Main Jets
21mm Float height.
4-4 1/2 turns on air/fuel
and whatever PJ did.

Re: Found a fix my Keihin 754 carbs, , 76 CB360, before & after

sorry to hear about the carb drama but happy to hear that it is just about done. thanks for being the test subject for the brutal experiment. im glad you are getting them working

Drama...to say the least, Ive been "super tuning" these carbs for almost a year now. and this thing is now running better than I ever thought a 360 was capable. Im hoping my bro brings his 400 four up from Memphis this weekend. I am REALLY interested in racing him now. I believe now I can take it. maybe for pinks. MUAA HAA HA HA HA!

If it's like Brendon's, he's in for a REAL surprise ;)

Re: Bored waiting for Jetsrus., 76 CB360, before & after

Got bored last night waiting for 122 / 125s to arrive from jetsrus...I entertained myself. I tore down the whole front end. sandpapered and epoxied front forks appliance gloss black, cleaned paint off springs. emailed a place for quote on chroming springs, lubed cables, all the while emailing back and forth w pj between coats.
Got out of bed at 3 oclock this morning and re-assembled. The gloss black looks nice enough to make the rest of bike look like crap....lol She desperately needs a bath.
a crappy pic in my garage.

Back
Top Bottom