BMW r90s bitsa bomber

Pics of the rebuilt starter. You can see the bushings in some of the pics. New solenoid, new brushes, new bushings, and 1/2lb of coke removed from inside of it. No more squeak, and she starts every time...no clickety clickety.

3a4uvazy.jpg

yha3azat.jpg

7e2ezeju.jpg

So, big gap between updates. Long story short, she's done!!!

Gauges and GPS functional

byhuju5u.jpg

Tank bag and panniers intakes from Wolfman in Colorado

y4yjahyg.jpg

Touring "over seat" fabricated with memory foam and gel:

je8uqahe.jpg

2aryjuge.jpg

3u9aveme.jpg

y2aqu9yb.jpg

PIAA led driving lights installed on PIAA mounts:

7emuju2y.jpg

a6e7uqe8.jpg

And then this happened:

y7eveza8.jpg

u9yjybep.jpg

Re: Re: BMW r90s bitsa bomber

Maritime said:
Nice. Short shakedown trip?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Actually Mike, I've put over 300 miles on it this past week! Running like a dream.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BMW's don't like short shakedown trips. Once you're on, they tend to take over and you end up 500 miles from home in a hurry :)

You're not kidding Tim. It's one of those bikes I just wanna keep on riding. Hang on timer, I'll get you a link.

Fabric

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-QUILTED-VINYL-FABRIC-3-8-FOAM-BACKING-UPHOLSTERY-YARD-/151212326172

Dude.
I love this thing. I was wondering what you were going to do about the seat for long trips.

SONIC. said:
Dude.
I love this thing. I was wondering what you were going to do about the seat for long trips.

Thanks broski! I love it too. It's quickly becoming my favorite bike. It's just a do all. And a fun one. And yeah, that seat was in the plans all along. Took me hours to get the "ass feel" right by adjusting the foam but it was worth it!

Joon-yah Bourelle said:
its all about the "ass feel" lol. Beautiful as always bro!!

More things in the bike building world come down to that than we realize!

It's very cool! Superfluous glamour shot before my ride this morning. 500 miles and going strong!

azubaqeb.jpg

Just thought I'd let you guys know we broke 1000 miles since rebuild. Still running like a champ! Great bike.

y3ybe4am.jpg

Back
Top Bottom