Maritime's new GL - 2UP Distance eater

Got it un wrapped and will use some of the connectors etc as I rewire I will clean the contacts if I do. Need to print Matt's diagragm and the factory to see what goes and what stays

I'm excited to see how the Sparck unit works out. The stock wiring on a GL is some complicated shit, it would be nice to see it simplified.

Yeah there is a lot of wire and also some components like the signal buzzer I won't be keeping. I have a little more to unwrap and then I am going to start cutting out the stuff like the buzzer I am not keeping, then deciding if I am moving any other components, which is not likely, then I will get the Spark unit mounted and start wiring each sub system, starting with ignition/ master power I think. I have a 30 amp toggle i am using instead of an actual ignition switch, I am going to mount it inside the tank trunk and can lock it out for theft purposes.

You might atta just fly in Sparck and let em work... beer food and a few dollars is cheap insurance.

Ha, what's the fun in that! plus the flight would cost about what I have total invested in the bike LOL. It costs about 2500 to fly from Oregon to NB

Maritime said:
Yeah there is a lot of wire and also some components like the signal buzzer I won't be keeping. I have a little more to unwrap and then I am going to start cutting out the stuff like the buzzer I am not keeping, then deciding if I am moving any other components, which is not likely, then I will get the Spark unit mounted and start wiring each sub system, starting with ignition/ master power I think. I have a 30 amp toggle i am using instead of an actual ignition switch, I am going to mount it inside the tank trunk and can lock it out for theft purposes.

That's cool. That's what I wanna do when I wire my CB550.

So when you have a IV stint in you and a hand wrapped in gauze it's hard to do too much but got the new clutch perch, levers on found out the 1100 exhaust doesn't fit so I need pipes, changed out the bent as fuck kick stand for the new one. Good day even though I needed help. The dad in law helped with a lot of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160604_155948932.jpg
    IMG_20160604_155948932.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_20160604_160922719.jpg
    IMG_20160604_160922719.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 216
I see a repack in your future hahahaha
pull the end off and enjoy the almost non existent packing in the muffler

So campa is buttoned up and ready for season. So glad time. I have the leather and will post a pic of that.

Those look cool. I want to eventually put something similar on mine. Maybe black instead of chrome though.

I have a set of these if someone wants them. Local yard gave them to me. They're not perfect, but decent. I thought about cutting them up and putting them on the ends of my box Chevy pipes

665dfa74132363f8ff86696520543abb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

deviant said:
I have a set of these if someone wants them. Local yard gave them to me. They're not perfect, but decent. I thought about cutting them up and putting them on the ends of my box Chevy pipes

665dfa74132363f8ff86696520543abb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I wish I had a lawn tractor

Oh yes and I got this tax free. Will make wiring funner.

Attachments

• IMG_20160606_161010697.jpg
    IMG_20160606_161010697.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 236
Back
Top Bottom