Bad back and other bad news

So far I've had years of physical therapy , chiropractors, hydrocortizone injections, etc (and people wonder why I'm a miserable old git ;D )

Well I for one will say thanks for all of your help on the myriad of questions I've said on here. For an old miserable git, you sure are awesome to so many people on here. Heal up and go watch some yoga or something.... ;)

3 weeks since surgery, elbow hurting like hell even after painkillers and anti-inflammatory meds.
I guess the nerves are 'working'
Just though I'd share as 'misery loves company'
;)

Yeah enjoy that.....
Last year I got that cannon ball to the face that split me open to the cheek bone....that shit STILL hurts. I've got a couple places in my cheek that if I press (lightly) I can feel weird sensations in other areas like a pinch in my neck on the other side. My upper lip is still and probably always will be numb. At least I've gotten past feeling like I'm drooling all the time.

It will however tone down to a dull roar Pj, hang in there.

Swagger said:
Yeah enjoy that.....
Last year I got that cannon ball to the face that split me open to the cheek bone....that shit STILL hurts.

I realize you didn't mean it literally (I think?....), but I have to ask.... What were you doing around cannon balls?!

Haha.....I had a 4lb slug of 6061 launch itself out of the lathe and hit me in the left cheekbone.
I was facing it, spinning really hard and was really tired, I think I bumped the wheel and dug the cutter in which peeled it right outta the chuck and flung it at me. Estimated launch velocity would have been in the 180mph range....
I didn't go down (miraculously), Dad was around the corner in the office and said it sounded like two pieces of wet firewood smacking together.

It flayed the cheek back toward the back of my head & opened up to show the bone and pushed part of my lip&cheek into my mouth so my teeth stuck out the hole.....not pretty. I was quite happy they were able to pack it all back in. My face is (more or less) normal now other than some odd sensations and lingering bone pain.

Attachments

• ouchie.jpg
    ouchie.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 250
  • ouchie2.jpg
    ouchie2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 247
Yeah me too.....pain pill was juuuust starting to kick in in that pic.
Apparently I'm a riot on narcotics!

WOW! I did a similar thing in undergrad whilst turning steel legs for some furniture. It luckily threw the steel not at me.

Glad you are alright. Have a few beers tonight!

Thanks BC, luckily this is from last year February. But....I'll have those beers since you suggested it!

I remember you posting about it but it's the first time you posted pics.
Lucky you didn't get front of your face totally caved in. (shit man, that could have killed you )

Yeah I dodged a...ahem....bullet on that one!

Have they started torturing you yet ie; physical therapy for the elbow?

Swagger said:
Yeah I dodged a...ahem....bullet on that one!

Have they started torturing you yet ie; physical therapy for the elbow?

starts Monday :(

Quick update
I finish PT on elbow next week, still feels exactly the same as it did in 2009 :(
Nerves should re-connect eventually though
Some sort of good news, attorney called, he's had notification about judgement on my back.
We 'won'
Not sure what we won exactly but it means I should get some treatment for discs, and hope to get enough cash to pay attorney and get 'fixed'
Will be really strange if I eventually stop hurting ;D

Good to hear, PJ. 'Winning' is always such a relief--just went through it with an insurance company. Here's to hoping you do stop hurting!

Swagger said:
Yeah me too.....pain pill was juuuust starting to kick in in that pic.
Apparently I'm a riot on narcotics!
I blabber like a little girl, coming down off anesthesia. :-\ When I was in for a hernia, he nurse said I was talking about really personal creepy stuff...

But damn Lee, you heal up good! I didn't even notice a scar when I stopped by...?

PJ: Mate, all I can say is hang in man....just hang in. Joints are a real bitch as you know. I still get shit from my knees and shoulders from years of football. You'll just notice one day that it's really less painfully and more achey which is easier to deal with. Maybe you'll have it a bit nicer in the warm weather though. I hope.

Chris: Well, that was 20 pounds ago (been hitting it pretty hard), it now shows up like a scar normally would. I was pretty chunky when you came out. I got some pretty good sun yesterday and learned that the scar has no resistance to UV. It's quite visible today.

Ask anyone that went to Troy's get together a couple weeks ago, drunk I'm everyone's pal. Narcotic pain meds make me everyone's BEST PAL.......and Emmersom Fitapaldi. Whilst getting more pain meds at the pharmacy, I apparently grabbed a little kid's toy steering wheel off the shelf and cut several 'hot laps' around the store, complete with sound effects. I guess they were ok with it once my caretaker explained.........until the rally portion of the event. I took a header over some waist high display cutting a corner and they decided to call the race on account of moron.

Back
Top Bottom