CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: CB360's - Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Hear No Evil-from build to blog

great sound. so i looked up harris and what i found looked similar, but the price was like $400 for that little fucking can!!!!! am i looking at the right thing??

http://youtu.be/uKQcY0723ZM

maybe this one want vanish

dp9 said:
great sound. so i looked up harris and what i found looked similar, but the price was like $400 for that little fucking can!!!!! am i looking at the right thing??

yep thats it... they are pricey. Thanks to Ringo though I got mine second hand, long story but price was not an issue. Thanks again Ringo!

vimeo video is there now? (weird :eek: )
The motor is a lot quieter than the video makes it sound, there isn't anything like that much tappet noise.
I guess it's a frequency that video camera's pick up as lots of engine/exhaust video's have same effect? :-\

Yup, that's it exactly PJ....piezo mics used in phones and inexpensive voice recorders and such are biased (by nature of their design) for human speech, being roughly between 300-3000Hz. This is also where the ear is most sensitive so you're getting a double hit.

I never judge engine noise by video....that 360 sounds too crisp to suffer that much valve lash.

Slowly moving on, afraid to use left arm until doc says it's OK, been way too long already.
Got frame etch primer and white primer, shows every little fault and problem :(
Going to have to rub various area's down and do over
I also ordered some trick stuff today, should be here in a week or so, you'll like it ;)
Frame-primer1.jpg

Frame-primer2.jpg

Was going to post in 'latest purchase' but as it's for 360 though I may as well put it here. (I'll post there as well as not so many people look at build threads
Got some 3/4" vents to fit into rear brake plate.
I've had a hell of a job finding them and they are quite expensive ($1.65 EACH :eek: )
I cant count, they are $0.68 each ::)
Fit into an 5/8"~ 11/16" hole 9/16" and file or 'polish' with Dremel, only needs a few thou.
I had to buy a lot more than I actually need (minimum order, $75.00, plus shipping :( )
If anyone wants a few you can have for same price I paid, plus whatever postage is going to cost ($2.80 with tracking in 48 and about $1.20 for a bubble mailer)
Not fitted yet, just place in rough position to see effect, I'll mark and drill soon, going to clean and paint or polish brake plates
Vents.jpg

those should look great. good find

I'll take some off your hands, PJ. Paypal? If so PM me your email, sir!

Just drilled the brake plate
To be fully functional, the vents needed moving in slightly.
Made some measurements, needs 9/16" hole, then 'polished' to size with Dremel
There is plenty of material to swage I'll probably just bend a couple of positions though
Ventsinside-1.jpg

Ventsinside-2.jpg

Those vents are pretty cool, too bad I already drilled and filed my holes to a different size. Might buy several for another project though.

Brake plate black, brass vents fitted.
I don't know why brake plate looks damaged and matte in center, it's real shiny gloss?
Ventedbrakeplate-done.jpg

Weird...? Looks sharp though, especially with the brass.

crazypj said:
If anyone wants a few you can have for same price I paid, plus whatever postage is going to cost ($2.80 with tracking in 48 and about $1.20 for a bubble mailer)
Not fitted yet, just place in rough position to see effect, I'll mark and drill soon, going to clean and paint or polish brake plates

Hey PJ! Sign me up for a set of those! Message me details and I will send some cash over, thanks!

If anyone wants 4 vents, it works out at $7.40 :eek:
postage and Paypal bumps price up a lot

On the bike (Brendon's ;) )
Painted the brake arm, wear indicator and the end of the brake cam so it all black
Brakeplate-fitted-1.jpg

Brakeplate-fitted-2.jpg

Re: CB360- No Evil

crazypj said:
Got the forks finished, (except for removing fingerprints ;D)
New seals, new oil.
Finished headlight brackets, all polished up.
Bought a new headlight, swapped out 60/55 bulb for a 35/35 H4.
Here's a quick pic, yes, it has LED ring ;D
NewHeadlight1.jpg

Loving the build.

I heven't read all the way through yet so sorry if you have already answered this buy why go for the lower power 35/35W bulb? Will the alternator not give enough power to run a 60/55W or are there other reasons?

Yep, stock bulb is 35w (I believe), so when people swap to a 55w H4 bulb they have charging issues. 35w H4 keeps the charging system happy.

Brendon hasn't had any problems with a 60/55 but he does keep it revving a bit ;)
I tend to use lower rpm most of the time so I'm sticking with 35/35, it's still way brighter than stock incandescent 35w bulb
45w H4 are now available so when the 35w fails I'll 'upgrade' ;D

I didn't know there are 45w bulbs now. I'll be looking into that too when the time comes!

Back
Top Bottom