TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IM MISSING

LongHornCycles

I HAVE A 73 TRIUMPH AND THIS LOOKS LIKE A FRONT END THAT SHOULD FIT BUT IM MISSING THE YOP NUT AND I FEEL LIKE THERE SHOULD BE A SPACER OR SOMETHING CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE? THANK YOU!
IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg
IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

sorry for the fuzzy pictures

I'm restoring a '74 T100R Daytona. On my bike there is a "Top Cone and Dust Cover" (Part number: 97-1018, in my parts book) that goes on top of the tube, under the top triple clamp.
Look up the part online to see what it looks like. Let me know if that is what is missing. I might have an extra one off the extra parts frame I have.

-Scott

I'll take some pictures when I get home tonight.

Here is a link to a picture of the top of the tube before I painted and re-installed the head.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/comins/6231820856/

Here is a picture of the top clamp with the cover sitting next to it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/comins/6255077631/
The inside (bottom) of the cap, has an inner race that holds the bearings in place.

I'll send better images of the part later tonight.

-Scott

that looks identical to my setup minus the built in risers. some more pics would be extremely helpful you can email me too cpmorey1@gmail.com thanks so much!!

I took some pictures of the dust cover, head nut, installed. I also took a picture of the top race on the old frame so you can see if it is the same as what you've got.
There are bearings that go in the upper race. The inner race on the inside of the dust cover hold the bearings in place.
There are a couple pictures of the bottom bearings on the post in the Flickr set I linked too previously. I don't think I took any images of the upper bearings while assembling the head. I'll double check. If I did, I'll attach them as well.

I will email the pictures directly.

Let me know if you need more images.

-Scott

your missing the abutment ring on top of the bearing and the top hold down nut which has a sleeve built into it that goes into the top triple clamp.....you should pickup a parts/service manual.
joe@ vcycle

Back
Top Bottom