RUN! 1969 honda 450 twin - $300 in Caledon - Craigslist Toronto

Well I think by your timeline you were probably the first to email him....however I do think I was the first to commit to buy it. There is an arguement either way I suppose. At any rate the hunt still continues for everyone for that diamond in the rough. I am sure our paths will cross again....Good luck. ....I will post some more pics later if anyone is interested.
Cheers
Steve

Congrats on the buy - can't blame the buyer for who the seller chose to sell it to.

Lets see pics! Get it posted up in the Big Arse Projects area and tell us all about the bike.

Lesson learned, maybe next time I see something like that I will tell the seller that I will buy the bike sight unseen.

I was not blaming the buyer, thanks Tim.

I hope you didn't think I was suggesting you were blaming the buyer - sorry if my message was misconstrued. Let everyone here know if you're looking for a particular bike - lots of eyes out there looking, mine included. I'm not in the market for any more bikes - my garage is full.

Well.. The one thing that Ive learned from always missing out...(LOL).. is that there will ALWAYS be another!!!!
Congrats on the buy Steve ;D

Post some pics once you get it!!

Cheers

Well, your next bike sure won't be my 650. I had to swear on a stack of Yamaha Manuals that I'd never ever under any circumstances sell you the bike :D No rattlecans.

Tintin said:
Well, your next bike sure won't be my 650. I had to swear on a stack of Yamaha Manuals that I'd never ever under any circumstances sell you the bike :D No rattlecans.

I made Tim pledge a blood oath that the original paint will not be touched. It was part of the deal.

LOL... yeah so I heard!!... ;D
We were gonna have fun with that... I was suppose to help Tim pick up the bike on the weekend of March 10th, and I was suppose to bring a black spraypaint can and ask if you wouldnt mind if we spray painted the tank before we loaded it in the Home Depot van..... LOL... Just to see the look on your face!!!.. ;D

Wouldn't dream of it :) I value 35 year old paint more than most. The tank and sidecovers will be preserved and if not used as part of the bike's restoration, they'll be put into nice warm storage in the house (once I clean out the tank).

That being said, Noel was going to help me pick up the bike and was going to bring a can of paint with him. Thankfully he wasn't available to 'help' me - might not have the bike if he had been there!

Besides, my new XS650, (err.. Tims bike that he doenst know he'll sell to me yet..) is gonna have an ALLOY tank!!.. Woohoo!!

DrJ said:
Tintin said:

I made Tim pledge a blood oath that the original paint will not be touched. It was part of the deal.

Wait a sec.. are you talking about the original tank that came on the bike? Tim, is that the tank that you said you were gonna hammer in the knee-inserts like on Teighlors bike?..hmmm. I guess technically, buy hammering inserts, you are not painting it....

Back
Top Bottom