Bought a CT90!

It certainly did. My idle is a little more stable, even with melted JBweld leaking around the stainless plate I made.

I have some muff wrap and a wormgear clamp around it as well.

plagrone said:
It certainly did. My idle is a little more stable, even with melted JBweld leaking around the stainless plate I made.

I have some muff wrap and a wormgear clamp around it as well.

There is an exhaust paste that you can get for small holes in headers. It usually has a wrap with it. Not a long term solution but can get you through a season until a new pipe can be found or your old one welded etc.

plagrone said:
Welp, that didn't work. I think I'll try cutting a little off the corner to give more clearance to the floats... It might be keeping it from rising fully.

I really could use a new float bowl o-ring and fuel passage o-ring as they're both kind of dry, but they're kind of expensive because these carbs weren't made very long...
If you have the old O-rings, and a set of calipers to measure with, you can just order Viton O-rings. They will likely be a lot cheaper since no one else has had to do the thinking, and stock a dozen (or hundred) O-rings for that application.
Like here: http://www.grainger.com/product/O-Ring-WP156174/_/N-mg7Z1z0n1iz?_=1407179634169&redirect=oring&s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/1RHL9_AS01?$smthumb$#nav=%2Fproduct%2FO-Ring-WP156174%2F_%2FN-mg7Z1z0nzy9Z1z0lnfq%3FR%3D3CRR5%26_%3D1407179687599%26picUrl%3D%252F%252Fstatic.grainger.com%252Frp%252Fs%252Fis%252Fimage%252FGrainger%252F1RHL9_AS01%253F%2524smthumb%2524%26redirect%3Doring%26s_pp%3Dfalse

Thanks man... I'll definitely use that to find a fuel passage Oring, but unfortunately the float Oring is trapezoidal... I guess I could work a round one in there but it would be a pain... Cb360 float bowl rings are like that and it's terrible

There are several materials of O-rings to choose from there. The only ones I have personally used for fuel are Viton, you may want to do some research about the other options.

ysydequn.jpg
uvytezyj.jpg
emu5erus.jpg

What is this and where does it go? It came in a small separate package from the other gaskets with these other two Orings that fit either side of it rather well. Any help? I'm posting in HELP as well

I replaced float bowl o ring and the fuel passage o ring and it's STILL leaking. Very confused.

Okay. Total nub mistake. The float DOES in fact leak. I tested it in a bowl of water and not fuel, taking a stupid shortcut, thinking "meh, waters good enough" little did I know how much more penetrating gas is.

The float sinks. But at least now I've gone through the carb and know the source of the problem

Just an update, float is on the way, as is ANOTHER new battery, because the new one shit the bed after a night with the keys left in the bike... Neutral light drained it fully and charging wouldn't fix it. Put some different oil in and readjusted the clutch to see if it helps with the gear changes

Got the atomizer out and a blood blister on my thumb when it came. Cleaned it out, and moved Oring to it's proper location...
36513e8898821cfdb156bba959f05f08.jpg

I STILL have a leak, even with a new float. Wtf

Btw, I thought this morning that maybe I had fried the coils leaving the battery on all night, but I bought a new plug and she fired up. Getting her to RUN is a different story. As soon as I put some load on the engine it dies

Check float height and the needle and needle seat, just needs one tiny little fleck of dirt to be there and it will piss gas all over. Fought this for an hour on a CRF80 and it was a little wee piece of black dirt stuck to the needle black rubber tip, not easy to see but found it when I whiped it off on some paper towel.

Float height is set at 23.5mm. It's got to be needle seat now, I've replaced everything else!

Guy at the old Triumph shop suggested it may also be a cracked overflow drain tube which I will now check.

Yes those tubes can have a very fine crack that is really hard to see, but if it is the tube crack, gas will only leak from the overflow, not the gasket etc. Oh yes and to check you can pull the bowls, fill with gas and see if it leaks while off the carb to check those.

Have you replaced the o ring behind the needle seat? I had a similar problem on my Sr and it was a buggered oring behind the seat. So the needle would seal but fuel would flow around the seat.

Brodie said:
Have you replaced the o ring behind the needle seat? I had a similar problem on my Sr and it was a buggered oring behind the seat. So the needle would seal but fuel would flow around the seat.

I wasn't aware there was another Oring... You talking about the metal washer around the outside threads?

Back
Top Bottom