a lot of bullshit on this site

• Thread starter duffs speed n mo-chine
  • Start date
He has driven a lot of people from CR. I have a look once a day to see what's new. Gone fairly quiet. Hopefully he is already banned from here.

I'm sad that many, including you are not on CR as much.
I'm not a fan of banning people though.

duffs speed n mo-chine said:
Hello, I have only been a member on this site for a couple of days now. I.........

Shouldn't this be a place were we come together and share with each other our experiences so we can all benefit from them? Shouldn't we encourage others on there builds and projects? .......................

Every one else please keep your mouth shut.

With all due respect, please take a step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and then let it go. On the internet, you post and others reply. There are no rules about "only nice comments please".

What typically happens here and in real life is that people make a snap judgment about the poster and respond accordingly. Waltzing in off the street to sell stuff is never a smart move in any forum or establishment unless you do it very carefully and have worked out who is reading it and have an understanding of how they are likely to react.

I realize that our social culture has degraded into a selfie and self obsessed waste of breath, but if you want to fit in and get respect, you have to understand how to earn that respect. Most people here are incredibly tolerant and helpful if you ask the right way. When a stranger walks into a room it is the job of that stranger to work out who's in the room and how it works. The room is not required to do that for the newcomer.

We're not picking on you. You make some nice shiny stuff which I thing is hugely overpriced for its utility value but I'm not your target demographic. For people that like shiny brass stuff, you have an opportunity. It's up to you to work out how to reach them and connect, and complaining about it is probably not likely to have the result that you are hoping for.

Hang around. You'll get it and why not take the time to grab a couple of decent pictures of that poor CA77 and tell us about it. Some of us here have old H models and like them.

The above is probably the best post so far. Every place has its rules. Written and unwritten. You just need to hang around and see how it works. If you stay or go its up to you. Most here are pretty decent folk. I'm old and the current obsession is land speed racing so my contributions here are fairly limited. SpeedWeek was rained out and now I'm sitting on my hands waiting for World Finals. If you have good first hand knowledge of putting a blower on a single feel free to post it here.

VonYinzer said:
This is HILARIOUS.

I love it when new folks join a forum and within a few days and less than 10 posts, have us all figured out. ::)

Hoofhearted said:
He has driven a lot of people from CR. I have a look once a day to see what's new. Gone fairly quiet. Hopefully he is already banned from here.

Yea, I left cr.net too . I hung around there to finish the final post to a 2+ yr. RD build thread and probably will not go back

surffly said:
I'm sad that many, including you are not on CR as much.
I'm not a fan of banning people though.

I'm not a fan of banning people either but he is the exception to the rule. I'm a positive person and it seems most of his posts are negative to the point I put him on my ignore list at CR.net. He's the only one on it. Life is too short to stand knee deep in bullshit.

this is only the second time in my life i supported and in fact triggered someone being banned

obstinate opinionated and judgmental is one thing but plain flat out abusive is another

and not something i or anyone should tolerate and in fact it was the board of moderators reviewing by procedure

that actually pulled the trigger and i think the same should happen on cafe racer.net if the behavior continues

CR.net has the largest bunch of self important assholes I'd ever come across on any forum. After they bum rushed me, they told me to go hang out here with all the other dipshits. I have been a member here ever since. :)

biker_reject said:
CR.net has the largest bunch of self important assholes I'd ever come across on any forum. After they bum rushed me, they told me to go hang out here with all the other dipshits. I have been a member here ever since. :)

Back
Top Bottom