Let's see your pickup trucks

After lots of hunting this is the beast that seemed to fit bill for my needs. The thing has really impressed me with it's capabilities, comfort, and power. 5.7L, 6-speed auto, 2X4.

Erik, the wheels look good on her :)

And Levi, don't forget, it rescued E too ;)

Redbird said:
Erik, the wheels look good on her :)

And Levi, don't forget, it rescued E too ;)
Oh yeah! I wish I would have gotten a pic with the Elsie in it haha

Attachments

• 1478983123690.jpg
    1478983123690.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 294
Got rid of the '98 F150. Sadly, a case of 'terminal rust' did it in. :p

:D New-to-me pick-up:

Drewski said:
Got rid of the '98 F150. Sadly, a case of 'terminal rust' did it in. :p

:D New-to-me pick-up:

You should like this much better than the Ford I am sure, FIL has one and they are great, well built trucks.

I've got my eyes on the 2015 F150 - was thinking about trading my Golf in against it now that we're a 2 car family again (wife has a Fiat). But, I 'need' a truck perhaps 2-3 times a year, and for the difference in fuel costs, I can rent one when I need it. Not to mention parking a full size truck in Toronto is challenging.

But I do like them. I had a 1978 F150 (reg cab, long box - wish I still had it) and an extended cab short box 1986 F150, both back in the mid 90's when I lived out in the country and had to haul my own trash to the dump etc.

Now, I need a 4x4 in the spring to get up the road to the cottage and would like the extra cargo. For bikes, honestly, I'm getting too old to manhandle them into the bed of a truck anyhow so a nice trailer will fill the void and be hauled by the Golf.

VonYinzer said:
I had an '08 as a company truck for a few years. Great vehicle. The iForce V8 is a beast.

Maritime said:
You should like this much better than the Ford I am sure, FIL has one and they are great, well built trucks.

Yup, I'm sure I'll be quite happy with the Tundra. :D

Drewski said:
Yup, I'm sure I'll be quite happy with the Tundra. :D

That'll be excellent for hauling your bikes to the track.

My Tundra is a'07 as well. Great truck; it did an excellent job dragging my 7,000lb (more or less) travel trailer the 1000+ miles from Ohio down here to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. It's got lots and lots of power, is comfortable, and rides good. About the only thing I'd change is make the gas tank at least 10 gal bigger.

95 Tacoma prerunner. 2.4L 5 speed. Great bike hauler with low bed height and get 27mpg on the freeway. Coming up on 350000 miles with only routine maintenance since new. I love this truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    598.2 KB · Views: 271
2001 Ford F150. 33" Nittos, 2 in lift. And under powered!!

Attachments

• 20160623_195028.jpg
    20160623_195028.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 306
Took the Stepside out to lunch last weekend.
FullSizeRender_zpscxo4lyci.jpg

Joint called the Truck Farm Tavern.
Pretty good food. Reasonably priced.
The place is vintage truck and farm themed, and they have two Ford Model T's out back.
FullSizeRender_zpszyy526sz.jpg

A 1913.
FullSizeRender_zpsyqumefrc.jpg

And a 1923
FullSizeRender_zpsihcdrys0.jpg

Both run and drive too :)

I'm impressed by many bikes on here, but am blown away how bitchin a lot of these trucks are. Here's my meager offering, yes like many on here, I have a 49 Chevy. A good ten footer, paint is shit and she wanders everywhere. As soon as the BSA is sorted, I'll start getting some work on this ol' girl done. I want it satin black and lowered a bit. She is my errand truck, 0-60 in about 2.5....minutes. I have a 78 GMC short/wide that spends a lot of time covered in mud as my D.D./fishing truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 257
irk miller said:
That truck is too pretty.
Don't be Hatin :p

Bill, an AD Chevy was my first choice when I went looking about a decade ago. But they were either in too good of shape (ie. out of budget range), or they were piles of crap (and often still out of budget). Still on the lookout though :p
Post up some pics of your Squarebody. Would love to see it ;)

Back
Top Bottom