Got another build

lil beast

Manic Fanatic
DTT SUPPORTER
A guy saw the 550 i built booting around downtown Toronto and tracked the owner down to find out where he got it built. So, I picked up another project ;)

Its a 2009 Triumph Thruxton that im bobbing out. Im going from 17"rear, 18" front rims to 18" rear 19" fronts with Firestones, lowering it with progressive shocks, smaller head lamp, flat seat, etc...

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

Bummer. All the bonnies running around begging to be bobbed out and the dude sacrifices a Thruxton! I have no doubt what so ever that you'll do a really good job, but still kinda makes me sad.....

Swagger said:
Bummer. All the bonnies running around begging to be bobbed out and the dude sacrifices a Thruxton! I have no doubt what so ever that you'll do a really good job, but still kinda makes me sad.....

+1, I would love to have a thruxton just for a daily rider....I hate to see that, honestly, but hell, I'm no naysayer bro...do him right!!!!

I really cant wait to see this progress on this project!!...
I think its gonna be freakin awesome... ;D

Swagger said:
Bummer. All the bonnies running around begging to be bobbed out and the dude sacrifices a Thruxton! .....

Owner must be on drugs - he could sell the Thruxton and buy a handful of Bonnies...

Nevermind - start cutting ;)

Agreed, in the end it's "just a motorcycle".....that was just my personal 'cringe' at the thought. I have no doubt you're going to make something pretty neat with it.

Joksa said:
http://www.triumphrat.net/club-cafe/22569-thruxton-bobber.html

bobber7ll4po9.jpg

aad.jpg

I've seen that bike so many times on various forums - and whilst it looks great, it annoys the hell out of me.

How much harder would it have been just to weld some bottom rails on the rear and cut out the swingarm?

Not very ....

It just looks "unfinished" :mad:

I wish they'd have left it's rear suspension in place. Some 10-11" shocks and at least it'd still be ridable to more than the local starbucks.....

hillsy said:
I've seen that bike so many times on various forums - and whilst it looks great, it annoys the hell out of me.

How much harder would it have been just to weld some bottom rails on the rear and cut out the swingarm?

Not very ....

It just looks "unfinished" :mad:

i agree. Here are some items that came in today.
ed93ed1b.jpg

Wow... those are some NICE wheels....

Though I'm getting so tired of seeing Bobs and chops w/ clip-ons..... And I can only imagine how uncomfortable they are with a low seat and a standard peg set.

A little update. Everything is in it place but not secure. Just wanted to get an idea of what the bike will look like.
bf96c052.jpg

lil beast said:
A little update. Everything is in it place but not secure. Just wanted to get an idea of what the bike will look like.
bf96c052.jpg

Looking good man , im excited to see this build progress.

Alright, its done and delivered....lol

sorry for not posting build pics but had lots on the go and wasnt on line much.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Nice clean build, not over done. The owner should get lots of grins while riding it.

What did you/he do with the stock goodies ?

Not exactly what I would have done to a Thruxton....but a Bonnie hell yeah.

The owner was gettin lots of looks and wasnt riding it :)

I have returned all of the stock items to the owner except for the rims. I forgot to bring them today.

looks awesome paul! do you have any close up shots of the rear? I like that short rear fender, just wanted to see how you mounted it.

I gotta admit, I was a bit distressed at the idea of bobbing a Thruxton but that came out very nicely!

Back
Top Bottom