Goose’s helmet

jayellay

Been Around the Block
Does anyone know where we can get the Jim Goose replica helmet? Dr.J and ideas? I’ve been toying around with a Fulmer and thinking of getting a HJC CS-5 and getting a flip shield. Can’t find the mouth guard anywhere. Whitehouse in Japan sells a replica, but I’m never getting out to Japan.

any thoughts?

thanks guys,
Jay.

Jim Goose's helmet is probably an old Bell RT or Magnum but any vintage silver 3/4 helmet will do. The mouthpiece is similar to a thing called the Iron Jaw. It is made of high impact nylon and was a popular bolt-on accessory in the 70s before fullface motocross helmets became widespread. They are long obsolete and a bit hard to find but sometimes pop up on ebay attached to a helmet. The visor/flip shield is still available.

whitehouse-goose-helmet.jpg

funny you should say that...
Look what I scored the other day:..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110425139671&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Damn you Leon, I’ve got everything but that. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it. or let me know if you see one again.

Jay

locO leoN said:
funny you should say that...
Look what I scored the other day:..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110425139671&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

jayellay said:
Damn you Leon, I’ve got everything but that. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it. or let me know if you see one again.
Jay

LOL.. will do. I havent recieved it yet but Ill let you know..
I was thinking of mounting it to a spare Bandit helmit that I have..Gonna cut off the front end from a Bandit helmet (make it a 3/4 helmet), then mount that mouth piece.. How crazy would that be???

Leon,
try it on a Z1R open face helmet. I got one in a very cool dark silver and added a Paulson flip mask. and there’s buttons that will probably fit that mask. can’t cut a bandit helmet. that’s blasphemy!

Jay

locO leoN said:
LOL.. will do. I havent recieved it yet but Ill let you know..
I was thinking of mounting it to a spare Bandit helmit that I have..Gonna cut off the front end from a Bandit helmet (make it a 3/4 helmet), then mount that mouth piece.. How crazy would that be???

jayellay said:
Leon,
can’t cut a bandit helmet. that’s blasphemy!

Jay

Well Jay.. Thats exactly why I wanna do it!!...(that + the fact that I have bandit helmets coming out of my ying-yang....)

cool,
send pix when you get the guard. are you leaving the original shield on?

Jay

locO leoN said:
Well Jay.. Thats exactly why I wanna do it!!...(that + the fact that I have bandit helmets coming out of my ying-yang....)

jayellay said:
cool,
send pix when you get the guard. are you leaving the original shield on?
Jay

yeah.. probabbly.. I havent decided yet...I'll put up a thread called " First ever Simpson bandit Chop" and post pics/vid of me cutting up the face front with a dremel

you could always donate some of those unwanted bandits to friends in need, right Noel?

haha....I still have to get around to sanding and painting my old full face helmet to prepare for the interior restore...

right now, I'm working on restoring some 30 some year old saddlebags for my goldwing. got them painted and the chrome polished...canabalized the turn signals from a newer set (bags were set up for single function lights, but bike wanted dual function) now I need to re-felt the interior and try to hunt down some rubber trim for the bags, and chrome trim for hte lids...difficult to fine it seems.

SO I got the John Banks Mask in today..
Here it is with my green metalflake:

HEre it is mounted snapped on to the helmet.
I just put some snaps into the inside headliner and voila..

Its pretty bad-ass...
Not sure if I like it.. I might sell the helmet and the mask...

hmm.. yeah.. I dont know about that...
However, I'll respect your lifestyle choices and won't hold it against ya...;D

Vince Lupo said:
hmm.. yeah.. I dont know about that...
However, I'll respect your lifestyle choices and won't hold it against ya...;D

Bahahah... CA mon.. its OK to admit it.. Y'r jealous...

Um...yeah you're right. I'm already tired of my Ruby.

Actually, I think I'm more for the Toecutter look.

Noel,
let me know if you want to sell that mask. going to China on vacation and back in two weeks. let me know, i would love that mask if you don’t want it.

Jay

Vince Lupo said:
Um...yeah you're right. I'm already tired of my Ruby.

yeah.. Id be to if I had a Ateliers Ruby Belvedere ala "viva la France" motif... I was never into the queer hipster look myself...(not that theres anything wrong with that)... ;D

[youtube=425,350]NsvvriKI3qE&NR=1[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom