www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: CB360 - OEM+ lets see what happens here.  (Read 21415 times)

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Bad Craft Consulting
Re: CB360 - OEM+ lets see what happens here.
« Reply #140 on: Feb 21, 2018, 11:53:09 »
Another...
If you see me f**cking up it's because I have no idea what I'm doing. You can either tell me I'm fucking up or watch me find out on my own. Both are appreciated.

75 CB360 project.
1984 Honda Ascot (water-cooled paper weight)
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Bad Craft Consulting
« Reply #141 on: Feb 21, 2018, 11:54:01 »
A little fun with metallic sharpies.
If you see me f**cking up it's because I have no idea what I'm doing. You can either tell me I'm fucking up or watch me find out on my own. Both are appreciated.

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #142 on: Feb 21, 2018, 12:12:04 »
I dig it.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Cafť SOS - Stage Oneô, Cafť SOS - Stage Twoô
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Bad Craft Consulting
« Reply #143 on: Apr 02, 2018, 02:29:03 »
Had an issue with the electronic ignition that was throwing me. I was able to find some help from folks on here, which I very much appreciate. Back to points for me.

With the bike running I noticed some body panel chatter. The CB450 tank channel isnít quite wide enough for the CB360 frame. I tested [picture 2] out on the tank that rusted through and it worked fine. I didnít want to heat or spark anything.

Played around with a few things that Iíve been thinking about working on while trying to figure out the engine troubles. I had a pair of awkward sized bright orange water bottles from an event and decided to mark them up as little fuel tanks. Dunno. Should get me 8-10 miles in a pinch. Among other things iíd need to make fuel safe caps.

I found four of the bag at the thrift store a few years back. It clears the kick starter in that spot. Iíll have to grind off the seat tabs when I make the new seat. Then the bag will sit right.

The leathers from a skinned couch. Iíve got a feint idea of a tiny rear rack just behind the seat and above the rear fender. I canít quite wrap my head around it yet.

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2018, 02:44:45 by Cursh »

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Bad Craft Consulting
« Reply #144 on: Apr 13, 2018, 17:21:38 »
Okay. So this thing is running fantastically. It pulls hard all the way to redline, doesn't overheat, and sounds like an angry singer sewing machine.

I've gotten to the point where I always assume whatever is wrong is the worst thing, and i've been wrong the last two times.

I was having some trouble with my wiring. Turned out the ground cable to the headlights had a break in the line (replaced the ground and everything works just as it should.) I also stripped out one of the points screws. Turned out the screw threads had fallen apart. I was expecting to have to size up and rethread the points plate. I was lucky enough to just have to replace the screw.

I've got all the functionality I was looking for. When I hit the pass button on my controls it either flashes the headlight on or off depending on its resting state. The dummy charge light works great. I'll update the wiring diagram in case anyone is looking for something.

It looks like i need to get a weaker H4 or pick up an LED bulb from Common Motor. With the light on the system doesn't quite keep up (especially with city riding.)

Anyway, Just in time for riding season to be over in AZ =P

Here she is. Now I can start working on the back half (seat/fender/rear turn signals)

I've got a motogadget mWave and some LED replacement turn and tail bulbs on the way to further reduce the draw on the charge system. I'll take a short video of the whole bit when I get the mWave installed. Should look like a motogadget hooked up to factory controls =P

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #145 on: Apr 13, 2018, 20:39:23 »
I use 35/35w H4 bulbs, they are real common on various scooters (so pretty cheap)
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Bad Craft Consulting
« Reply #146 on: Apr 13, 2018, 22:55:39 »
Woah. Thatís dope news. I thought they were all 35w until you said something. Iím betting I could roll with high beam on at 5k on back roads no problems on a good stock stator?

Thanks PJ

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #147 on: Apr 14, 2018, 21:16:11 »
'Standard' H4 is 60/55w, high power, 100~120/ 55w (illegal for road use)
You can use 60/55w but need to stay over 7,000 rpm much of the time
35/35w were also ( first?) used in 1986~87(?) Yamaha FZR 1000
Chinese scooters using them dropped price by about 70%~85%.
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Bad Craft Consulting
« Reply #148 on: Apr 16, 2018, 13:13:27 »
Moto mWave showed up. Hereís the whole shebang in all of its functional glory.

[youtube]aGKFmK7vdoU[/youtube]

The flashing headlight is me hitting the ďpassĒ button on the kawi control I used for the left. (Headlight off and it provides power. On and it cuts the headlight ground. Works no matter what)

Iíve also got a strobe hooked to the brake for better vis. I still need to fab up a mounting playlet for the rear signals. I think the new seat will allow me to use the old rear fender mounts.

Proud to be at this point.

LED bulbs on the way from super bright.
A bunch of random missing pieces from 4into1 (and my 35w H4 bulb)

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
www.instagram.com/cursh

Online trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #149 on: Apr 16, 2018, 22:21:30 »