Ideas anyone?

seansmitty42

So I picked up a pretty clean cl350 the other day from a used car salesman. I got it cheap enough that I'm not hurt and have some room to play with it. As soon as I buy it I get approved to buy a home. Back on Craigslist it goes. I didn't know where to start so I asked 2500 for it. Since then I have knocked 500 of it. Anyway. I know it's winter and bikes don't sell so well. Here's my hang up, do I leave it stock or should I do some mild up grades to the style? I was thinking doing a seat, fender, tail light, handle bar, front fender kind of list. It runs beautifully minus the dipshit taking off the mufflers. I'm not sure if it would help sell or hurt me. Any input would be a bunch of help.
d905f9767f7b7e0f916340b37c371cce.jpg
889bcce1401aad400567c1e53e92839e.jpg

If all you're gonna do is sell it, leave it as is. Personally, I'd pay more for an unmolested stocker than I would for something modified.

That's what I was thinking too. Am I close on the price? I have had two people email me and cuss me saying how over prices I am.

I'd leave it as close to stock as possible too.

Price does seem high, but it also depends on a lot: where you are, if someone's got deep pockets and wants that bike, how the bike runs, overall condition, does it have a title, etc. No harm in asking more that what you'd settle for, people are going to try to talk you down anyway.

nice bike

you are priced high i just sold one about the same only the exhaust was factory

like yours the handlebars had been switched mine had a new agm battery

but still needed tires to safely ride i cleaned the carbs and it ran great

the bike had 11700 miles and i got 1650 for it

You might sell it close to the price you're asking, if the right person comes along. The one that has been looking for that bike for a long time. You're just gonna have to be patient, and maybe advertise in places with higher populations. You can increase it's appeal with some clean up work, and fitting some mufflers to it. A real big thing, at least with me is current registration. If a bike I look at has too much paperwork that needs to be done, I'll pass it by.

I am going to have all of the registration taken care of. The po put a lot of work into it and had to sell it for bills. I think I will find some mufflers and make sure its dialed in correctly. I wouldnt mind taking 1500 for it, but it seems people have no bargaining skills any more. haha. For some reason, it gets under my skin when people call or ask "whats the lowest you will go?" Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

seansmitty42 said:
For some reason, it gets under my skin when people call or ask "whats the lowest you will go?"

That bugs me too, especially before they even see the vehicle. But, that is today's buyer, and like it or not, one has to deal with them.

Good luck with the sale!

Mike Lawless said:
That bugs me too, especially before they even see the vehicle. But, that is today's buyer, and like it or not, one has to deal with them.

Good luck with the sale!

I agree with you to an extent. On the other hand, I like to haggle. Before I make a long drive to check something out I want to know in my head how hard I'm going to have to work....

DesertKZ said:
I agree with you to an extent. On the other hand, I like to haggle. Before I make a long drive to check something out I want to know in my head how hard I'm going to have to work....

Haggling is OK with me. It's part of the process. But I prefer to only begin the haggling process face to face and after the potential buyer has had a chance to look over the goods. Once you drop the price sight unseen, that lower price becomes the new point to haggle from, rather than the point you'd like to end up. But like you point out, sometimes that's the only way to get someone to even come to see the thing.

Back
Top Bottom