Help Identifying Honda front end.

JustinLonghorn

No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
Was given this front end, and I am trying to figure out exactly what it is. The tops of the forks have an air valve.

And how about these Eye to Clevis Showa shocks.

All of it looks like early '80's CB750/900F.
(I had an '82 900F)
Except for the top yoke. The F models had the fuse block in the top yoke.

cb750f002.jpg~original

Fuse box was on handlebar clamps not the yoke. Damn covers always cracked, owners always overtightened the screws.
European CB650 had similar front end, smaller discs compared to 750/900. I think US 650's were single disc?

How much for the shocks? I put a set of eye to eyes just like those on the CX and they are great, I need a set of eye to clevis for the GL.

Look like 1984 era Nighthawk 700 front end to me....

Honda%20CB%20700SC%2084.jpg

the had the antidive that requires a pivoting caliper. The caliper pushed on a valve in the fork...

mydlyfkryzis said:
Look like 1984 era Nighthawk 700 front end to me....

Honda%20CB%20700SC%2084.jpg

the had the antidive that requires a pivoting caliper. The caliper pushed on a valve in the fork...

Yep, I was gonna say the same thing.

I vote for Redbird. The bar mounts don't look swept back enough to be a nighthawk.

Based on the weird spoiler on the front fender, and the ribbed fork sliders, I believe that Redbird does indeed have it figured out.

JustinLonghorn said:
Based on the weird spoiler on the front fender, and the ribbed fork sliders, I believe that Redbird does indeed have it figured out.

Redbird may be right, but the NH700 has the same "weird" spoiler....That was a popular design in that era...

Maybe see it here better:

gammerCB750sc2012.jpg

jeezus, it is not the nighthawk, those forks dont look anything like NH forks ::) are you fucking blind ? :D

You unnerve me when you spell correctly. You offer of provenance was less useful than mine

I am going with the CB750F/CB900F also.
If you measure the diameter of the actual tubes you should be able to figure out which one it is exactly.

1981 CB750F = 35MM
81-82 CB900F = 39MM

Its from a 750 then.
CK is mistaken. They were, 750F=37mm and 900F=39mm
The SOHC 750F's used 35mm forks.

Back
Top Bottom