What did you build this week?

The Jimbonaut said:
Finished up some cardinal skull lockets. Cast in bronze from life-size skulls, used JB Weld to secure the magnets. Turns out Health Canada has banned sales of small rare earth magnets since I designed these things, so sourcing magnets now from the US...
I miss bronze casting. These are great.

Did not build it this week, but I did get it going this week! After cleaning the carbi (petrol engine) and the magneto points, plus 75ltr of oil, 50ltr in the diff alone! ;D

A bit of a video with it working. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygPWNXZcCIE

Bit dry on the farm at the moment! :(

Attachments

• Malcom Moore Roadmaster 1948.jpg
    Malcom Moore Roadmaster 1948.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 206
ugliest cafe i have ever seen and the back tire look like they are going to walk off the tread

not one bit of chrome

but boy its got patina

A bit dry. Fark, and summer hasn't arrived yet. That doesn't look good mate. Hope the dams are full or rain is coming.

Love the old grader though. That's cool.

Hope the dams are full or rain is coming.

Yeh not good, but luckily we have set up a water supply from a permanent river 4km away, so we always have water. Just got to feed the stock and put up with a couple of thousand kangaroos eating what feed remains!

Old grader goes well, but she will never do the ton!
Cheers

That old grader is a nice piece! Great to see someone take an old relic like that and keep it productive.

That's the way to do it when you have that much to maintain. I noticed that the driving element looks like a common farm tractor adapted to use. In India, they mount John Deere teactors on their rice harvesters to make an integrated unit.

I noticed that the driving element looks like a common farm tractor adapted to use.

Spot on, it used a Fordson E27N tractor. This one is petrol / gasoline and the later ones had the Fordson Major with the Perkins diesel engine.

Hope to get into working on the IT200 soon.

Solar powered lawn ornament for my photographer wife:
2422-071218091108.jpeg

Desk Lamp robot for my daughter:
2422-071218090908.jpeg

Not sure why my pictures keeping showing sideways.

Both are brilliant, love the robot lamp =) I've made some shelving with plumbing pipe, fun stuff.

Those are rad.

Made some sheet metal repair sections for the back window surround on the Bay Window...

1851069.jpg

1850474.jpg

SONIC. said:
Here's My CNC work for today:
13321-070618100247.jpeg

13321-070618100403.jpeg

Can't wait to see what James (Jimbonaut) does with the finishing.

Damn, hope you weren't holding your breath! Only took me 6 months but hey. Rome, a day, not being built in one, and all that.

ydiNibP.jpg

JNGu0Hn.jpg

Gold acrylic paint, some mahogany wood stain and a couple of coats of semi gloss varnish. Anyone need anything cnc'd and I can firmly vouch for SONIC. The guy's got skills.

Glad to see I'm not the only one splitting time between bikes and woodworking. The tables look great fellas!

Back
Top Bottom