Dreadnotred Hellride chopper

You’ve got a motor, I’ve got the rest of it.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 259
Dunno why I posted this in my other thread, but the build up of the engine from boxes has begun. Everything looks good to this point. One bit of change: replacing 2 clutch springs with Barnett HD springs...

Attachments

• IMG_2586.JPG
    IMG_2586.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2588.JPG
    IMG_2588.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 257
It fought me the whole way, but’s it ready to button up...

Attachments

• IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 459
How on earth did you get all those castings so clean before paint? That's impressive. Most of us end up with pits and lumps that paint doesn't really cover well.

teazer said:
How on earth did you get all those castings so clean before paint? That's impressive. Most of us end up with pits and lumps that paint doesn't really cover well.
I traded an AR-15 for a complete 1975 CB750F, which included this 78 K engine. The guy i traded with disassembled and cleaned every single engine part, literally down to the nuts and bolts. He even completely disassembled the rack of first gen carbs. He taped and painted the cases. Then, he realized he was over his head putting it back together. Personally, I have never painted an engine. Usually, I just clean my engines and make them run well without painting them.

irk miller said:
I traded an AR-15 for a complete 1975 CB750F, which included this 78 K engine. The guy i traded with disassembled and cleaned every single engine part, literally down to the nuts and bolts. He even completely disassembled the rack of first gen carbs. He taped and painted the cases. Then, he realized he was over his head putting it back together. Personally, I have never painted an engine. Usually, I just clean my engines and make them run well without painting them.
So thats whats gonna happen to your rifle next

irk miller said:

if he painted it properly it sounds like a good deal. i hate the paint, mostly because i hate the prep. rather put it back together anyday.

After searching and searching, and trying out a few different tanks, I finally bit the bullet and forked out $230 for a Wassell-style Super Banana tank Lowbrow recently started selling. I was reluctant to throw down that kind of loot, but I never found a better option. This tank is pretty much perfect..

Attachments

• IMG_2694.JPG
    IMG_2694.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 266
I had to swap out one end of the brake stay to fit the GPZ caliper. I’ll need to go an inch longer on the brake line. The grind marks are from removing the weird turn signal brackets...

Attachments

• IMG_2773.JPG
    IMG_2773.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2774.JPG
    IMG_2774.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 236
Got the rear fender shaped up and mounted the way I like it...

Attachments

• IMG_2778.JPG
    IMG_2778.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2780.JPG
    IMG_2780.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 234
Back
Top Bottom