880 Norton Sprint Special - "real - time" build, lots of photos

Looking back on my life, I've had very few bikes presented to me that I DIDN'T buy, and they were almost all unremarkable.

Also, I've only had 2 or 3 bikes I never should have sold, and that just makes the memories sweeter. I sold them for a reason, and I had other bikes I could have sold instead, so I've stopped kicking myself over them. (with the possible exception of my 590 Pops Yoshi Honda)

I too tend to buy/sell many bikes. For a while I would just sell things to make room for the next. After I would some times miss the old bike, but what I learned is that each is different. Some bikes are better for some things, at the end of the day it should be about fun and the experience.

With the JPN, how did you know it was originally a JPN?
Do they have different VINs?

I know with CB750s it is impossible to prove what color the bike was from the factory.

surffly said:
With the JPN, how did you know it was originally a JPN? Do they have different VINs?

The bike has all the JPN-specific little bits and pieces, and they certainly had never been disturbed on the bike from new (shiny/original paint underneath bolted-together parts). There were other important clues, as well. Certainly part of a rare bracket bolted in between one of the Z-plates and frame would not have been hidden in there to throw somebody off, after going to the expense of spending literally thousands of dollars on the OTHER JPN-specific parts...

While the factory did have serial-number specific records, my understanding is those later year records may no longer be found (I have yet to verify that statement)

I finally received the approved title application for the Mean Green 880 cafe racer, so it's up on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121883658858&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Only one person gets a shot at Buy-It-Now price; as soon as it gets a bid, that option goes away (e-bay rules, not mine).

(fixed link)

Back
Top Bottom