Wanted: Early-to-mid 70's sport bike. norton, triumph, ducati, BMW or Japanese

Huckleberry

Like the title says, I'm looking for a early-to-mid (even late) 70's street bike. 500 to 900 cc range. Certified or easily certifiable and in good condition little to no rust on the chrome, no leaks etc. Not looking for a fixer-upper, this will be a starter bike for me, so reliability is key.
Give me a shout if have anything that fits this description in your garage looking for a good home, I'd like to get something soon so I can get it ready to go for spring. jarrettwegener@gmail.com
Jarrett

Cheers

Just thought of something (duh!).

I sold my Honda CB550F (1976) just a few months back, and the buyer is now trying to sell it. He's changed his mind I guess.

Regardless, I completely rebuilt the engine (new pistons, rings, valve job etc.). The picture is the bike as it was when I sold it. The seller is asking around $2,500 for it - maybe a little less. I put 50 miles on it before I sold it. He offered me a nice price for the bike which is the only reason I sold. I then bought a BMW R75/6. If I hadn't I'd likely be buying it back.

It should meet all your conditions :) Even has nearly new Pirelli Sport Demon tires on it, and a Dyna electronic ignition that I installed during the rebuild. Rebuilt carbs too. Oh, and brand new chain and sprockets. Damn, shouldn't have sold it!

Anyhow - of course if you ever did have to work on it (old bikes need help from time to time) there's a big group of us who love to work on them, me included.

CB550FLast.jpg

yeah, that seems like something I might be interested in. Could you put me in touch with the guy trying to sell it?

Tintin said:
Just thought of something (duh!).

I sold my Honda CB550F (1976) just a few months back, and the buyer is now trying to sell it. He's changed his mind I guess.

Regardless, I completely rebuilt the engine (new pistons, rings, valve job etc.). The picture is the bike as it was when I sold it. The seller is asking around $2,500 for it - maybe a little less. I put 50 miles on it before I sold it. He offered me a nice price for the bike which is the only reason I sold. I then bought a BMW R75/6. If I hadn't I'd likely be buying it back.

It should meet all your conditions :) Even has nearly new Pirelli Sport Demon tires on it, and a Dyna electronic ignition that I installed during the rebuild. Rebuilt carbs too. Oh, and brand new chain and sprockets. Damn, shouldn't have sold it!

Anyhow - of course if you ever did have to work on it (old bikes need help from time to time) there's a big group of us who love to work on them, me included.

CB550FLast.jpg

This is the ad for the bike on Kijiji. Tell him Tim sent you.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-just-sold-its-mate-in-2-weeks-so-here-is-the-sister-W0QQAdIdZ9918852

Another source is:

http://www.classicbikeexchange.com/classicbike%20SALE1.htm

I've bought a couple of bikes through this site - my BMW R75/6 and the CB750F Turbo monster that is in Noel's possession (minus the go-fast Turbo ;) )

Soooooooo...what did you end up doing with the TURBO? (You didn't hook it up to your Jacuzzi tub I hope)

Enquiring minds want to know?

I used it to power the central vacuum system in my house. Fire up the 750 and WHOOOOOSH - the house is clean!

It's actually sitting in a rather non-descript box in my garage awaiting a thorough cleaning and prep for sale.

Tintin said:
I used it to power the central vacuum system in my house. Fire up the 750 and WHOOOOOSH - the house is clean!

It's actually sitting in a rather non-descript box in my garage awaiting a thorough cleaning and prep for sale.

Hey... how much to you want for the Turbo??.. I'll buy it!!.. Just as long as you help me install it!!.. ;D

I trade it to you for an alloy cafe tank... oh yeah, don't need one ;)

Tintin said:
I trade it to you for an alloy cafe tank... oh yeah, don't need one ;)

LOL!!!...sure.. Rub it in!!... go on.. Rub it IN!!.. LOL!! Kick a man in the nuts when he's down, why dont ya?? ;D

Back
Top Bottom