**The Newest locO bike... not what you'd expect....**

I like the direction it's headed, I am one for the stock look on those gixxers, i think thats the best years they made.

It's daring to say that in here I know. :eek:

IMG_0639.jpg

All done with undertail and fender eliminator kit installed:

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

The only thing thats left is the high mount exhaust...Then back to Cafe Racers... ;D

someone asked about the farrings.
Nope.. they are not custom farrings...I just cut up and painted a cheap set that I bought...

left farring:
1-LeftFarringOriginal.jpg

1-LeftFarringChoppedSept4008.jpg

1-LeftFarringChoppedpainted.jpg

Right Farring:
2-RightFarringOriginal.jpg

2-RightFarringChoppedSept4008.jpg

2-RightFarringChoppedpainted.jpg

simple.

Here was the mock-up that I did...
750mockup-rightside.jpg

LOL!!... hey.. nevermind... Its the end results that count... Besides... the chicks love it!!

highres_5648596.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

LOL!!!

OK.. So I got a LED lighting system for practically nothing so I decided to throw them up on the bike..LOL..

I thought it was kinda funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC5Px7UZlC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gya5bW3JQzI

Now I gotta convince the guys from XLS Perfromance Lightning to throw in more LEDS for the front of the bike!!..LOL.
I used 10 LED tubes to light up the rear and mid-section like a christmas tree!!..LOL...

Too damn funny...LOL... ;D

Looks good noel, actually looks really mean and definitely unique(in a good way). If you want constructive criticism, the only thing I have is the quality of the paint. It's flaking off the front fender and has a few nasty spots. Maybe a few more coats, and a matte clear coat? :-\ It most likely doesn't matter, I'm probably just way to ocd about paint jobs.

Oh and for the LEDs, I like the white ones it's nice you can change the colors with a remote? 2. It would look awesome if you got a headlight with the same color as the white LEDs (as compared to the yellow tinted ones).

BTW how's the bike as far as performance compared to something like a 550 or 750?

strangedaze39 said:
Looks good noel, actually looks really mean and definitely unique(in a good way). If you want constructive criticism, the only thing I have is the quality of the paint. It's flaking off the front fender and has a few nasty spots. Maybe a few more coats, and a matte clear coat? :-\ It most likely doesn't matter, I'm probably just way to ocd about paint jobs.

Oh and for the LEDs, I like the white ones it's nice you can change the colors with a remote? 2. It would look awesome if you got a headlight with the same color as the white LEDs (as compared to the yellow tinted ones).

BTW how's the bike as far as performance compared to something like a 550 or 750?

hey Thanks for the comment..
Actually, the front fender is cracked and broken at the joint on the right side.. I originally just put it on to pass safety with the intentions to take it off again, but I actually like it on.
So what you are seeing is actually a non-painted fender. I ve painted since these pics...
Im in the market for a better front fender...

Also, just today I finished wiring up another 10 LED units to the front of the bike... The kit does have a wireless remote that allows you to change colours, effects, etc..etc...
now the bike has 20 LED units hooked up and looks INSANE!!..

In terms of the difference between the vintage bikes and this thing.... I like them equally in different ways!!..
The Gixxer had an incredible aceleration & handling but I much prefer the more tame ride on the cafe racers...
On the CAfe racers, you really feel the ride... Throttling hard on the cb550 wont throw the bike in the air!! ;D

locO leoN said:
hey Thanks for the comment..
Actually, the front fender is cracked and broken at the joint on the right side.. I originally just put it on to pass safety with the intentions to take it off again, but I actually like it on.
So what you are seeing is actually a non-painted fender. I ve painted since these pics...
Im in the market for a better front fender...

Also, just today I finished wiring up another 10 LED units to the front of the bike... The kit does have a wireless remote that allows you to change colours, effects, etc..etc...
now the bike has 20 LED units hooked up and looks INSANE!!..

In terms of the difference between the vintage bikes and this thing.... I like them equally in different ways!!..
The Gixxer had an incredible aceleration & handling but I much prefer the more tame ride on the cafe racers...
On the CAfe racers, you really feel the ride... Throttling hard on the cb550 wont throw the bike in the air!! ;D

About the paint the pics I was talking about was the second to last pic on post #26 and the last 3 pics on post #28(which I think are the cracks you were talking about). You mentioned you where checking out different front fenders. I think a thinner one would look nicer for sure, maybe you could grind or cut your oem one down.

If you can post some pics of the updated LEDs, should turn out awesome. I bet it's nice to have a strator that can handle all those extras! :D My CB350F couldn't handle charging an ipod.

I haven't ridden any newer sport bikes recently, but I want to give one a try again. BTW I don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing but I couldn't wheely my CB350F if my life depended on it.

looking forward to seeing what the lights turn out

LOL...
Here is the next kit that is going on the Fighter...LOL!!!..
This kit will give the bike 3 seperate independent LEDs kits on it.. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72SzJ0vkrQ8&feature=related

dude rocking the LED's!!!! thats how my company got started... i have em on every bike i own, get my pods made for me now here are a few of the bikes i have done... hell I just developed a pink/purple to match the paint i am shooting on my girls bike this year
sorcis.jpg

2qkuxw2.jpg

4v1bvp.jpg

2d1we90.jpg

2ujgkxv.jpg

Hectic stuff, guys! Loving the lights...was going to suggest some on the front for the gixxer but the rim LEDs should do the trick!

Hmm...now all I have to do is get a bike thats mine, then I can light it up! ;D

Cheers - boingk

Back
Top Bottom