Harley Recall

Also, the worst recall out right now is not even getting press. The Triumph 1200 triples in their big flagship ADV bikes are eating their own valve trains and detonating their engines. No one can ride them past 10K without a complete rebuild.

SONIC. said:
I've seen the report but consumer reports is notorious for utter bullshit.
Also it doesn't take into account actual failures just visits to the shop.

I honestly don't care though, I don't like Harley's either, but I see no sense in hating on them. There's nothing wrong with the bikes IMO, the riders and the "lifestyle" always give me a chuckle.

Is it worse to hate the bike or the lifestyle? Or the people that buy a lifestyle? I know a few guys at work that look the part, lemmy stache, rides a chromed out cruiser, but refuses to own a Harley. I also know a few guys at work that ONLY ride Harley's and they like to make little jokes about my sr250.

It's easy to hate on the people when they invite it. The actual bikes for me don't appeal. A vrod or a shovel head rat bobber might find room in my garage if I had extra silly money.

people "buying" a lifestyle is nothing new, some create it and the others buy in to be part of something. Humans.....

and yes, a Shovelhead fits in my garage along with my favorite UJM. See sig...

To be honest I don't necessarily see a manufacturer as having a lot of recalls as a bad thing. At least they are admitting to problems and fixing them.

How many manufacturers just don't admit to their problems (oh - Kawasaki ZX9r 2000 frame cracking.......)

As for the HD front brake one - it's the "potential" for the brake line to get pinched between the tank and the frame. If this happens the fluid will not go back to the MC so it won't suddenly lock up out of the blue without any warning - the front brakes will drag and you'll know there's a problem.

Ribo said:
I have a problem I know, but I'm English
i knew there was a reason i hated you.... the next time i worry about how a englishmen thinks........ahhh wait a second, we won. fuck you and your island, and your welcome for not having to speak german. bottom line is people in glass houses bla bla bla as soon as you guys build anything with wheels worth a fuck, let me know. so far im not impressed

bradj said:
i knew there was a reason i hated you.... the next time i worry about how a englishmen thinks........ahhh wait a second, we won. fuck you and your island, and your welcome for not having to speak german. bottom line is people in glass houses bla bla bla as soon as you guys build anything with wheels worth a fuck, let me know. so far im not impressed

Damn Brad - do you need a belly rub? You sound sad. Just for your edification England isn't an island - that would be Great Britain silly. Congratualtions on winning, you should be proud, I'll buy you a cookie.

As far as us building things with wheels I can say words like Triumph, BSA, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Ascari, McLaren, Ascari, Lotus, Norton.

oh shit did I say Ascari?

Ribo said:
As far as us building things with wheels I can say words like Triumph, BSA, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Ascari, McLaren, Ascari, Lotus, Norton.

oh shit did I say Ascari?
junk

hey brad, what that other flag on your avatar? could that be ireland? the land that gave us the mighty DeLorean..........now theres some quality vehicular heritage

mind you , my eyesights not that great these days, it could be mexico....knock offs of VW bugs then

your choice dude

The thing about drinking all day in the sun is ya lose your mind alittle. haha not the first time wont be the last haha the neets to be a to drunk to post app

bradj said:
i knew there was a reason i hated you.... the next time i worry about how a englishmen thinks........ahhh wait a second, we won. fuck you and your island, ............

How is it that no one wants to acknowledge that without the French, Wee Georgie Washington would have lost. How come they never get any of the credit :)

I run a Supermoto club and have been for the last 5 years 100+ members riding every Tuesday April tell Sept. The local Harley shop is one of our biggest sponsors they have ZERO financial interest with us. They don't sell Sumos what so ever However as the owner said they are motorcycles and I support all facets of motorcycling and Motorcycle raceing. Like it or not with out Harleys we would not have the massive aftermarket suppliers to pull from because without the Harley riders wanting to bolt everything on and customize much like we do and thats where the majority of the sales go. I dont mind Harleys I have worked on them and everything in between. I dont know if I would own one unless it was very old and fun on Sundays. As for recalls meh shit happens better then some company's and there recalls.

Makes me wonder if the 1973 Triumph did a recall, how many pages would it fill?

Attachments

• IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
teazer said:
How is it that no one wants to acknowledge that without the French, Wee Georgie Washington would have lost. How come they never get any of the credit :)

It's like watching any movie about WW2. They"ll span across all of Europe and fight every battle and you'll never see anything more than Americans and Germans.

Ferrari guys said the same thing about the dino untill they cost 200 grand now they love them

deviant said:
I like motorcycles.

Dude.

FFS. Some of you guys sound like rednecks and hillbillies fighting over which brand of truck is the best.

I oughta' post a pic of my Harley sitting next to one of my Hondas. :p

Back
Top Bottom