Update - MY CB350 Project

Cafe_to_go

Coast to Coast
It's been more then a month my bike has been in the shop for mods, this is what it looks like as of yesterday.

I am debating whether to have some art work on the gas tank? I really haven't seen any Cafe Racer with any graphics besides the checkers. What would you put on it?

That`ll be a knockout... Pinstriping is never wrong....
May i ask what kind of gastank you´ve stretched??

It's CB/CL 350 gas tank, this is the one that came with the knee pads. The piece you see is a hollow addition, they are going to put the battery and cables under there. The Maistro didn't want to cut the tank because it's old and fragile, so he just added the piece. He is going to spot welded and shape with filler.

Cafe_to_go said:
It's CB/CL 350 gas tank, this is the one that came with the knee pads. The piece you see is a hollow addition, they are going to put the battery and cables under there. The Maistro didn't want to cut the tank because it's old and fragile, so he just added the piece. He is going to spot welded and shape with filler.

NOw thats a neat idea!!.. How would you access the batter & electricals? JWill that hollow back act just like a cover? ust lift whole tank off and the battery will be exposed?

They are going to put a plate under the hollow portion to place battery and cables. I bought a smaller sealed battery that can be places on it's side. I guess you can say it going to be a cover for the battery and cables. Loco, I am looking for opinions on getting some type of design on the tank. One of the guys that is working on my bike is pretty good with the airbrush. I just don't know what would look good on it.

If you decide on some artwork, I can help.

This is the artwork I am going to put on mine. I designed it, and have a connection to get it printed in vinyl.

34ton.jpg

Cafe_to_go said:
I bought a smaller sealed battery that can be places on it's side. I guess you can say it going to be a cover for the battery and cables.

Can you post what type of battery you bought? I'm eventually going to do the same thing to my CB350.

CB350 said:
Can you post what type of battery you bought? I'm eventually going to do the same thing to my CB350.

Hey CB350, I bought a Power Max from JC Whitney, the measurements are 4 1/2 x 2 13/16 x 4 3/16 (LxWxH). See link for more details. I also bought a quick connect charger, it a 1/2 amp battery charger, it comes with to pairs of leads (permanetly and aligator clips). I am planning on leaving the permanetly ones for quick connection.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10111&storeId=10101&sku=CBB014508

Very nice. Thanks for the tip, again. So far you've been one of the most helpful people on Do The Ton. That's saying something because everyone here is pretty nice.

Here is another update on my bike, the parts are ready for painting. Check the hollow portion of the tank, that is going to house the electronics and the hump will house the battery.

IMG00066.jpg

IMG00065.jpg

IMG00064.jpg

IMG00092.jpg

IMG00091.jpg

IMG00090.jpg

IMG00089.jpg

IMG00088.jpg

IMG00086.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

Great idea with e electronics... how are you going to manage removing the tank with the wiring done? Frame mounted or automotive disconnects?

CanadaDan said:
Great idea with e electronics... how are you going to manage removing the tank with the wiring done? Frame mounted or automotive disconnects?

Not sure if I understand your question, but I will try to discribe the setup. The electronics are attached to a bracket which is mounted to the frame, the tank comes in and out like a regular tank, if you notice from one of the pic, they added mounts from another tank. So it just pops up and the tank doesn't touch the frame at all, pretty clever. I am going to buy some power/negative cable which is going to run from the under the tank to the rear hump.

ProTeal55 said:
How about some better pics of the Chevelle SS wearing the nice wheel/brake package....??

Will do, I will take some better pictures this weekend. As for the wheels I believe they are 20" and brakes disc is just for show, I checked and the car has drum brakes front and back. FYI Extreme Metal Fabricators on 1620 S. Cicero Ave., can build special suspension to accomadate larger wheels on older cars.

Back
Top Bottom