Vintage Racing Bike, P3 Heavy

Jerry

This has been a great entry bike for the class. Not too expensive, fast, fun and doesn't fall over too much.

Jerry said:
This has been a great entry bike for the class. Not too expensive, fast, fun and doesn't fall over too much.

Jerry ...Is it going into retirement ?? :'(

Hi Ian.No,I'm having too much fun.We're in the process of building a '71 650 Yamaha to race in the endurance races this year and to get into another class.Just goes to show we don't necessarily get any wiser with age.I'll post a couple of pictures soon.Are you racing this year? Jerry

Jerry said:
Hi Ian.No,I'm having too much fun.We're in the process of building a '71 650 Yamaha to race in the endurance races this year and to get into another class.Just goes to show we don't necessarily get any wiser with age.I'll post a couple of pictures soon.Are you racing this year? Jerry

Sure am !!!. The XS650RR project is about 85% completed. Will post some pictures soon.

Love the KZs. Got some info on what you've done to her and some more pix?

The gang at kzrider.com would love to see her as well.

The bike is actually a'75 Z1.It was painted in the '73 colours when I got it,so when I rattle-canned it I stayed with the same pattern.Can. Tire didn't have a match for the bronze,so I went black.I did some stone work on a guys house 17 years ago,and he gave me $600 and the bike.I had the motor rebuilt by John Dailey @ Motorcycle City in Richmond Hill and I did the rest.The motor needed rings and valves,so he put a 1013cc kit in it,other than that it's stock.After I broke it in,I had it dynoed and jetted at Pro 6 Cycle.The jetting was so bad,it went from 69.3 horsepower to 85.4.It pulls strong and steady between 3500-8500 rpm.In the last 2 yrs,with track days,practices and races it's been run hard over 35 times with only one dnf(broken battery cable-imagine a 31 year old wire breaking.Who'd a thunk?)I'll dig up some more pictures this weekend.Thanks for the interest . Jerry

Back
Top Bottom