1971 Honda CL350

Re: 1971 Honda CL350

What's your location? I'm in Florida and hsve two sets of 350 forks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the offer
I am considering different alternatives and will get back to you soon
How much would you like for the set?

BTW I have been following your rebuild thread and Crazypj and am very impressed with both your work!
I love the drilled hub/vents

Re: 1971 Honda CL350

Thanks! Its been slow going but it'll get done eventually. have two different sets of forks. I'll have to send you pics tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Learning and Progressing

We are progressing
The engine is out and the frame is partially stripped
I disembled the front forks and polished the rust off one tube. There is still some etching present even though it is relatively smooth. I don't know if I need to replace them-probably
I put alot of work into the swing arm
I learned some tricks:
1. To remove the bushings-there is a 1/4" space between the bushings on each side. You can get a chisel on the edge of each and easily pound it out. You have to be careful to avoid injuring the housing.
2. To remove the rear shock bushings-drill out the core. My drill was too small so I kept angling it. By the time the center is drilled, the rubber starts smaoking and you can core it out with a screwdriver. Then cut two slits with a hacksaw through the outer housing -90degrees apart and the outer ring comes out easy. Again you have to be careful not to cut the housing with the saw.

I imagine most readers know these tricks but it is fun learning them and getting good results!

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    867.2 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 240
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg