'91 CG 125 BR-J Scrambler/Trail Bike

killerbanjo

Poor English kid getting into bikes and loves it!
Hi all, had my cg for about 6 months now and im really loving having a bike and can't wait to do my test when im 19! When I bought the cg its was mechanically sound but looking in quite a poor shape, it cost me £460. My plan at first was just to tidy it up and get it all original, but now it has changed!
dnorkEi.jpg

First step was to get a seat cover sorted out!
v0yxVVP.jpg

Got some new shocks (old ones had no damping and were bouncy). Im going to have to get another set of longer shocks for this so ill probably sell these ones.
dHWZnZ6.jpg

The swing arm bushes needed replacing so while it was off i gave a a rattle can job as well as doing the side panel which was brush painted matte black for some reason!?
EY8Pin8.jpg

All fitted...
jNNVGOL.jpg

Chrome was completely buggered on the exhaust so matte black it was
MPuvV3d.jpg

And then it was all good for a while, no work done on the bike and was happy as it was for the time being. Here it is in the heart of Cornwall!
mbPZ1Va.jpg

Until I crashed the bloody thing going to fast around coastal lanes then hitting a patch of gravel - Only cosmetic damage was done really apart from the bars got a bit bent. Headlight was smashed and both indicators were bent as well as the clocks housing was buggered where it mounted so it was just resting on top...
DIBDmFI.jpg

Was also lucky enough to break my wrist lol
9BUixMA.jpg

Then I though I wanted a change, cold not afford a dual sport or the insurance so though I would make the best of the CG! So I stuck a K41 knobbly tyre on the back to have a go a some light trail riding... Loved it so when i got payed i got a new headlight case fixed my electronics issue (that occurred about 2 weeks before) got a new ignition barrel as the old one was shot and got some reproduction twinshock chrome brace bars on it!
ewLLiVa.jpg

So thats where I am now, have pretty much a fresh slate to work with.
On the list:
XL/XR 125 front end
Longer rear shocks (350mm according to the helpful Erskine)
Alloy or chrome high level mudguard from a 70s twinshock like a SL125 or somthing
And the same with the rear mud guard
I want to use my current seat but not sure about the tank at the moment, i MIGHT pick up a CL175 tank...
150cc barrel and piston and XL gearing (I think 15t front 55t rear)
High level exaust (Shorten and bend up the current one so its pointing towards the rear indicator)
And a sump guard of course!

Progress will most likely be slow as I earn a rather feeble amount and running the bike cost enough for me!!

PS: Sorry about the bad pictures, they are from my phone as I do not own a camera...

Re: CG 125 Scrambler/Trail Bike

Picked up some forks, there not honda forks as i wanted but i got yamaha DT LC forks instead as they are way more common also making them cheaper. Ill Have to ride up to my uncles place in the next week to get him to machine the steerer so that it will fit my frame. My wheel should arrive tomorrow too but i still need the break assembly (Drum) and any bushings needed as well as the spindle itself.

Edit: Scrap that, just purchased a spindle with spacers so just the brake hub needed now! Will most likely have to wait until next pay day though :/

MP6gByR.jpg

Re: CG 125 Scrambler/Trail Bike

Nice work KB,

Enjoy your little beast.

Not done a lot! Have finally given the bottom yolk to my uncle so that should be done soon however the wheel i bought had some loose spokes and needs truing :( Once that is done I can put the forks on my CG! They have had fresh oil and seals as well.

New Sprockets -1 tooth on the front +3 on the back. (I can now wheelie :D but only in 1st and second)

I also managed to smash another headlight! haha

New clutch fiber disks and metal disks.
VQC9CTM.jpg

Had a skateboard seat made up. Deffo need a different tank for it to work...
LnUv8lT.jpg

rsCxR7W.jpg

My mate fell in a hole!

piDsO3K.jpg

And I got punched breaking up a fight... got split pretty deep but they glued it and taped it
YXHHFyU.jpg

More to report when the yolk comes back! I got a Pirelli MT43 for the front so i hope its good!

Back
Top Bottom