CG125 OHV Build Oddessy

Re: CG125 Decaf - Too much everything.

Damn, you've been riding it on and off for ten months already 8)
Will everything bolt onto the other frame?
Could be quite interesting watching some kid do an MOT who's never even SEEN a sidecar before ;D

PJ ........ Everything will swap back over really easily, now all the hard work is done can do it with my eyes closed in a matter of hours rather than days.
Is there any more to the story about the guy who rode his CG from the Big end to Turkey? With a good engine, a sound machine, and lots of time I'd do it!

Sorry, haven't seen Roger for about 12 yrs.
He bought the bike with about 6,000 mles on it, thrashed it flat out (around 60~65mph :eek: ) for another 6,000, did two oil changes
I remember he said the one at the side of the road in Greece he dropped drain plug down a drain but found it by following the oil trail on side of mountain, drain was just a hole in the ground with a cover over it ;D
Got mugged twice, British trucker lent him money for food and gas in Turkey, forgot what he said about the other time, think it may have been northern Italy?
Had 2~3 punctures, forget exactly, sold bike with original tyres still on it after he got back to Britain
Last time I spoke to him he was working as service manager for the largest Goldwing dealer in Holland

crazypj said:
Sorry, haven't seen Roger for about 12 yrs.
He bought the bike with about 6,000 mles on it, thrashed it flat out (around 60~65mph :eek: ) for another 6,000, did two oil changes
I remember he said the one at the side of the road in Greece he dropped drain plug down a drain but found it by following the oil trail on side of mountain, drain was just a hole in the ground with a cover over it ;D
Got mugged twice, British trucker lent him money for food and gas in Turkey, forgot what he said about the other time, think it may have been northern Italy?
Had 2~3 punctures, forget exactly, sold bike with original tyres still on it after he got back to Britain
Last time I spoke to him he was working as service manager for the largest Goldwing dealer in Holland

Bloody Brilliant! I plan to do a few B road odysseys, maybe a camping trip to Cornwall or similar. All at a heady 25/30 mph so should be epic :)

P1040143.jpg

See if there are any bike rallies going on, there used to be several 'down the west country' ;D

Time to go out and play silly buggers ;D 8)

So here we go folks, pretty much the end of this epic build oddessy. This baby is being pressed hard into service now, it flew through the MOT test and the road testing was completed with a run up to the coast on 50 miles of very challenging hilly bendy B roads which it coped with admirably and returned 100 mpg. Came back much more confident and with a greater attack on the corners. :)

P1040237.jpg

P1040235.jpg

So I'll leave this up for a few days then get Tim to archive the thread in the Small Honda Build section. Big bloody thanks to all the usual suspects who guided me on the way and made sure I didn't make some major f'ups.

Mean time I've just got this chassis off evilbay for the princely sum of $15. Ummmmmmmmmmm ;)
Thinking maybe something 350 - 500cc? Cafe? Not that I'm hooked of anything. I can give it up anytime :)

B.jpg

Pj you're not off the hook yet!

Did I tell you outfits are fun or what ;D
Looks like they are addictive as well ;)

Back
Top Bottom