CL350 Rear Tire Width?

Spektor

Hey guys I'm looking into tires for my CL350 and was curious about what's the most wide tire I can safely have on it for the rear. Based on what I've read the CB tire size is 90/90 for the rear is this the same as the CL?

Thankyou

CB/CL had the same sized tires on the rear (3.50-18). Most people run 100/90-18 on the rear as a suitable metric replacement size. I have a 110/90 which is probably the largest you'd want to go (and it is probably stupid to go that big according to most sane people).

100 is too big 90 is even pretty large you are only dealing with 25 hp ,and the rim is only 1.85" wide..... a large tire cuts into hp.go too big and the handling suffers as well

Without changing rim it's better to 'go small' as it spreads and 'looks' wider.
90/90 is recmmended, 100/90 works
110/90 is only any use if your racing (AND KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING)
Tyre gets higher instead of wider so puts more tread on ground at 45 degrees or more lean and has MUCH LESS tread in contact when upright. (wears out too fast and causes 'twitchy' handling with normal street riding)

You want a wide rear tire? Your best bet for bigger looks is to get a 2.15 rim from Mikesxs.com and get a 110/90 rear tire.

This wider 2.15 rim is going to spread that tire out and give it a wider look. As a effect of a wider contact patch you get increased handling and can corner really good now. Stock rear rim is 1.85.

Having done the XS650/Mikes XS rims multiple times, 110 is max size for that rim, 100 will spread further and give correct profile plus actually look wider than a 110 which is taller, even in low profile so you get a SMALLER contact patch There are reasons for going wider but its mainly for tight race track so you get more tread when leaned waaaayyyy over
You can see the 'chicken strips' on front of Katans, rim is 3.00" wide, tyre is a 120, up 10mm from stock. (it was cheaper than a 110 :eek: )
Can't get it much further over because rear tyre is scrubbed down to the edge, I'm too old to be wearing the lettering off sidewall ;) (although it is down to direction arrow now ;D )
G0-ProonKat.jpg

This is entering corner, never sure is white line/crossing paint will be slippery so not going too mad but I leaned a bit further over at apex 8)
Kat2.jpg

Just because something will fit, doesn't mean it should be fitted

Back
Top Bottom