Rim and tire size?

CBPayne

Been Around the Block
Ok I'm very ignorant on this subject matter. I thought wide rims and tires was the way to go on my 86 virago cafe build. Well I'm not thinking that any more. I was going to put 17 or 18 x 3.00 front and x 3.50 on the rear. 140-150 on the rear. After some research that's not the way to go. I could use some advice. Thanks

I'm changing to 18 front and back I just need advice on how wide. Maybe 2.15 x 18 on front and 2.75 x 18 or 3.00 x 18 on rear.

3.5 front and 6.0 rear. That's what's on one of my bikes but it makes a lot of HP - or will when it's finished.

For that bike probably 2.15 and 2.50 or 3.00 if you can find a rim at a reasonable price. MikesXS have good rims at very reasonable prices. Not sure if they go that large though.

I'm doing a 3.50 x 17 for the rear and I'm debating between an 2.15 x 18 or 2.15 x 19 for the front.

Not much is gonna change on that bike with 18 or 19 tire choice is gonna be the dealio... Do this, but get a tire hugger or and ass whiping like no Charmin can ever provide LOL

Yamaha-Virago-XV750-personalizada-Spin-Cycle-Industries-2.jpg

Tune-A-Fish said:
Not much is gonna change on that bike with 18 or 19 tire choice is gonna be the dealio... Do this, but get a tire hugger or and ass whiping like no Charmin can ever provide LOL

Yamaha-Virago-XV750-personalizada-Spin-Cycle-Industries-2.jpg

I can't see the image you posted.

I am jus screwing around man... it must have been a bad link... here it is:

Attachments

• Virago.JPG
    Virago.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 243
Yeah you are gonna be looking for a xj750 seca rear wheel they have the 18 inch rear wheel they bolt right up. I'm not sure about the 86 virago but I know the xj650/750 can only fit a 120 tire without swing arm modifications. That is what that back wheel is on that virago tune-a-fish posted. You can find more info on the xjbikes.com forum. That place has all of the info you need. If not viragotech.com

I bought a 17 x 3.50 sun rim from Buchanan. I'm hoping that one of the wheels from mikesxs will match the sun rim. I want the 18 x 2.50 on the front but a few people are saying that the 19 x 2.15 would be a better choice. I appreciate all the info.

Back
Top Bottom