1972 DS7 The Row Boat

I managed to get something done on my seat despite the heat. One of my friends was nice enough to give me a small plasma cutter so I started cutting stuff. I mounted in the tail light. For the record this is a tail light from a 2008 EX250 and I still need to trim the bottom part:

Looking good boss. Is the light going to be angled too far down because of the seat? I'm sure you thought of that, but I just wanted to ask.

How hot could it possibly be in Louisiana in August? Haha.....

Rich, the light is sitting where I think that it is supossed to sit. Meaning that it is angled but I think that its made that way. Kinda hard to explain in this kind of heat. Maybe at barbers this year:)

awesom :)
looks like the tire will eat the tail better check full bump clearance,take the spring off the shock is the easiest way to get her squatted

I did something worth posting on the bike. I shortened the shift linkage a bit but I haven't been able to ride with it yet. I can get through the first couple of gears on the stand which is a good sign. I will have to put the stock pipes on it to try it out on the road though since the shifter is lower now and hits the cone. I bought some 18 ga. sheet metal to build another set of pipes and I'm going to make up the head pipe a little different in order to pull the belly and baffle cone more forward to clear the shifter. The first set was 20 ga. and it was a pain to weld and it's so light that it ping and dings a lot. The thicker pipe should be quieter.
I made a fork brace/bracket and mounted a ZX-6R fender on the front. I was hoping to start cutting the seat back for the fiberglass seat pan but I got busy installing insulation in the shed. I'm preparing for our brutal winters down here.

I made some progress on the seat here. I cut the front off of it and started on a fiberglass seat pan:

I started by placing some foam on the frame rails and taped it down to get a decent form then
I laid a little fiberglass to get it started:

Trimmed it up to get ready for the other layers of fiberglass:

So the list is getting shorter. It won't be ready for barber so I may be bikeless there, I am not planning on bringing my CB160 this year.

Yes sir it is. Few small things left and I'll tear it down for some clean up and painting.

Back
Top Bottom