1979 Moto Guzzi V50 II Cafe

Hot damn! That seat is sweet! I envy your maker skills and tools. Completely jelly, can't wait to see the finished product!

Dale said:
Thanks everyone for the input.

I've been at it for over a year now with this machine, and I'm still learning every day. Its been a steep (and expensive - read "breaking" stuff) learning curve. Its really exciting and challenging though, and I'm loving what I'm starting to be able to do with it!

Yeah, definitely!

Yeah, long time! Thanks for the nudge. Havent been on the forum for a long time, and truthfully, haven't worked on the Moto Guzzi for some time either.

I did have a light bulb moment recently though, and that was returning the swing-arm to a natural aluminum color as opposed to the black.
I'm really nor sure why I chose to make it black when I started out with with project. The black breaks the visual continuity from the motor through to the wheel hub.

Look at the difference:

28Dec2015_A_zpskd06tym7.jpg

.... and then ... looking at it with fresh eyes, decided I didn't like the seat I made a couple of months back anymore...!!

28Dec2015_B_zpsnrk1jdlf.jpg

This teardrop shape has a real deco feel to me. I think I'm going to redesign the seat to fit into this kind of silhouette instead.

Hi Dale, another message of high praise here, your attention on this project is fantastic.

That teardrop shape does look good, would wonder if there is enough length in it for a tall person though? Just to put it out there, another thought (not originally mine) is copying the back of the tank for the cowl. Something like attached.

Have to say I agree with the original wheel option, too. They are part of he bones of that bike and suit it, to my eye. Also, have to agree with the swing-arm decision!

Hope the motivation stays high,

Malcolm

Attachments

• 28Dec2015_1.jpg
    28Dec2015_1.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 443
  • 28Dec2015_2.jpg
    28Dec2015_2.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 377
  • 28Dec2015_3.jpg
    28Dec2015_3.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 391
I just stumbled over this post and got amazed about the details and talented work you have put in this Guzzi.

I own a goose too and don't like the standard tank which is almost like yours. But the way you use the standard "teardrop tank" in your design is outstanding.

Being so talented and putting so much work into the bike: Remember these bikes are made to be on the road, not the lift... and they are even more enjoyable there 8)

Back
Top Bottom