pics of the tank back on my bike after dishing it

savannahcafe

Heres the bike with the tank back on after I dished it.
1.jpg

2.jpg

bikeshoot024.jpg

bikeshoot036.jpg

bikeshoot038.jpg

It looks fantastic!!... Has anyone thought of "hammering" the front of the tank to give it that Manx look?

Did I miss the taillight in earlier post? I'm always interested in clean looking treatments...I have a few ideas, but nothing permanently decided...

locO leoN said:
It looks fantastic!!... Has anyone thought of "hammering" the front of the tank to give it that Manx look?

Well... I HAVE done this on one side, lol. Handlebars make a decent hammer!

But seriously, I have been considering doing this on my tank... since the dent is allready there on the left side, I was thinking that if I made it look nicer and did the same on the other side I might have a winner! Rather than just filling it in with bondo, ya know.

The bike looks great and very unique. :)
You should be very proud of the work you have done on it to get it to the point it is.

Pugsley said:
Did I miss the taillight in earlier post? I'm always interested in clean looking treatments...I have a few ideas, but nothing permanently decided...

I have a running light on the left side down by the peg. I installed red LEDs into the blinkers and they are my brake lights.

Nice Ride.
I am just pissed at you because I am quite sure I can see a f------ palm tree in your pic,s.
It's cold up here.
Paul

paulb said:
Nice Ride.
I am just pissed at you because I am quite sure I can see a f------ palm tree in your pic,s.
It's cold up here.
Paul

I just pretend that the sand is snow. ;D

We just had our first major snowstorm this weekend.

Yeah, its actually pretty cold today. Its like 61 and sunny. I just got back from getting my hair cut. It feels really good in the sun on the bike. : ;D

I made the seat. I just reshaped the stock foam with an electric turkey carving knife, Laid 1/2" foam over it, purchased some water proof suede from a material shop and took it to an auto trim shop and let them re cover it.

bikeproject086.jpg

bikeproject089.jpg

Looks good - How much mud went over the beating before paint?

I'd be leery of LED brake lights hidden in blinkers. It's the people behind me that I want to be sure of my intentions.

What material is that graphic (which is awesome BTW)? I've had a horrible finding someone to do extremely detailed artwork like yours.

--Thanks, Chris

chrisf said:
What material is that graphic (which is awesome BTW)? I've had a horrible finding someone to do extremely detailed artwork like yours.

--Thanks, Chris

I think I remember reading in another thread of his that it is from his wedding invitation.

Back
Top Bottom