1972 DS7 The Row Boat

And if Clem, doesn't want those mufflers, PM me a pic and price.

Tho cones look short. What peak revs are they set for?

And Teazer, I thought the same thing about the cones. I went back and checked out my math and it works out correctly. I went back and looked at a bunch of pictures of chambers on the net and some look close to this length while some don't. One thing that puzzles me is the difference in stinger lengths out there. I know that you can shorten the appearance by stuffing it into the baffle cone but some just seem long for the application. It's all hard to tell from pictures but when I physically have it in my hand it seems that the dimensions are close to the 125 pipes that I've had in the past. I know that you have a better eye for this kind of stuff than I do but hopefully I'm not too far off and it will pull decently.
I don't have any simulation software. I only have the pdf copies of the tuning books by both popular authors so I made a spreadsheet for the calculations. A fun exercise that I did was to get my 13 year old daughter to do all of the calculations on paper to verify. That was the only time she was interested in helping out on the bike. :)

I figured you were going to say 10,500. My last TZ250 had pipes that were similar in length to yours, but its ports would have been slightly different.

If you email or PM me your pipe and port dimensions I can run them through MOTA and see what it says.

I hear you on stingers. The dimensions appear not to be critical unless they are really too small and raise pipe temps too high. Drag race guys seem to like smaller diameters to raise pipe temps and that raises the speed of sound and stretches the power curve a little. That's OK for ten seconds at a time but not much use on a street bike.

22mm dumping into a larger diameter muffler should be fine.

damn good looking smoker!

grab a really good hot glue gun for the upholstery. i've done plenty of seat covers on fiberglass pans, even the strongest of staplers wont help.

just my two cents...

You are correct, staples don't get it when it comes to fiberglass. I am going to try some very short self tapping screws with flat washers. I may mix in some hot glue to help things along. Thanks for the tip.

Clem, I have done many seats on fiberglass. Drill holes around the pan, use a punch to poke the leather and a rivet with a washer is the best method. If you mess up drill out the center and do it again. Basically you have a hole ready in the pan, pull the leather to where it needs to be and the poke the punch through into the hole and then put the rivet and washer in and pop. move to the next hole.

Maritime said:
Clem, I have done many seats on fiberglass. Drill holes around the pan, use a punch to poke the leather and a rivet with a washer is the best method. If you mess up drill out the center and do it again. Basically you have a hole ready in the pan, pull the leather to where it needs to be and the poke the punch through into the hole and then put the rivet and washer in and pop. move to the next hole.

That sounds like a good plan also.

xb33bsa said:
you have the silencers with the mail today 8)
Damn this is weird! I checked the mail when I got home and had a few envelopes. Just sat down on the porch to get the kids off of the bus and read this post. I figured what the hell XB knows a thing or two so I got up and checked the mail again. The silencers are now here. Are you watching me? Haha

Your pipes look pretty good on MOTA with stock ports. It peaks about where you expected it to and is all round not bad at all. I pushed around the pipe dimensions and tried all sorts of different ports, and some work really well but need a slightly different pipe. Next step is to work on the transfers and that's not simple without the right tools.

Porting guy's down here are rare, many boat guy's but I wouldn't let them touch my cylinders with a toothbrush much less a dentist drill. I do have a set of RD350 cylinders that need a bore job though.;)

I went ahead and finished the seat today. I made a variation of the advice given here. I bought a sharp center punch, drilled holes in the seat pan and installed some small stainless screws with upholstery type washers:

It's getting there!

Here ya go XB

Attachments

• 20141222_184555.jpg
    20141222_184555.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 266
wow :) she is a beauty love what you have done with it ! srsly it looks the dogs shizzles :D
what kind of tailight will you do ?

EX250 tailight is stuffed in there. I haven't got a clue yet on blinkers though but I'm sure something will fall into place if I look at it long enough. Lol

Back
Top Bottom