The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Hey everyone,

Just been fitting my new suspension to the rear of my ace and found that the chain guard is catching on the now wider suspension coil, anyone else had this problem?
I've removed the chain guard and will probably have to cut a piece out to refit it. Was wondering if anyone had any other ideas before I take a hacksaw to it?

Al

CODDEX said:
Hello everyone,
Just a quick question, does anyone know of a UK supplier of the ACE that sells the bike unassembled ?
I only ask as the company i work for can assemble and complete any necessary paperwork, it might save a few quid and allow me to do any alterations before final assembly
Cheers all
Chris

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Hey Chris, i've recently purchased mine from A1 motorcycles in Harworth near Doncaster On a 17 plate. Whilst its tempting to get the bike assembled id really recommend getting one through a dealer as Skyteam UK have not registered the bike with the DVLA so every new Skyteam needs an MSVA before the DVLA will register it. (Due to the new EU regs since JAN) This can be a massive pain, and has kept my bike off the road for a month and a half now. Contact me privately if you have any questions.

Hi Acethusiasts,

in Bavaria, the summer is coming. I did a long trip last Sunday. Long means 170km, and that on my 50cc ACE. And it was absolutly amazing. I made new pics, maybe someone wants to see them.

Here they are.

Rgds

Kev

Attachments

• 20170416_150144.jpg
    20170416_150144.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 329
  • 20170416_150132.jpg
    20170416_150132.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 313
  • 20170416_150154.jpg
    20170416_150154.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 331
kevmaster said:
Hi Acethusiasts,

in Bavaria, the summer is coming. I did a long trip last Sunday. Long means 170km, and that on my 50cc ACE. And it was absolutly amazing. I made new pics, maybe someone wants to see them.

Here they are.

Rgds

Kev

Looking good Kevmaster :)

Hi Beelzebub

Beelzebub said:
Hi everyone,

Probably a really easy solution but how in the world do i get the bulbs out of the indicators because i cant get into them?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using DO THE TON mobile app

It is not so easy, because you need good feelings in your finger. Turn the yellow plastic around and pull a little bit. Maybe you need some power. Then you can pull them off. The first time, i has to do it, it tooks 15 min for me. But it is possible.

Rgds

Kevin

hi, can anyone help, frustrating mixture problem, i think.

tried to put in the oo racing jet kit and couldn't get the bike to run right. ok at up to half throttle, about 4500rpm then misfired and wouldn't pull at all, and on throttle back would cut out rather than idle :eek:.

decided to go back to the original needles but with exactly the same results. revs to about 5-6000rpm this time misfires and on throttle back still cuts out :eek: :eek:.

have spent all day going round in circles, rich, lean, in between and back again

did take out the internal slow running needle inside float bowl to check and clean and may have miscounted turns of the needle. does anyone know the rough factory settings for that thought i counted two turns but could have been 1.5 or even 2.5 arrrgh :-[.

needs choke to start then choke off and runs at idle of 1450rpm give or take 50 rpm (i'm using a digital inductive tacho), using 3.5 turns on idle screw on side of carb and 2 on the fuel jet on the bottom of the carb but think that the miscount on the internal idle screw may be the cause of my troubles.

i have the skyteam decat pipe on and egr delete, they went on before the jet attempt and i was running up to about 55mph so was well pleased, now i seem to have well and truly bu****ed things up :-[

any help would be greatly appreciated, as i was running great before and am now going better backwards :eek:

Posted also on my new member entry as wasn't sure where to post.

cheers.

Maybe you will find some answers in this spreadsheet made by "2b"

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=59137.0

good luck

Suggest you work your way through this...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USvziYIyzfyxfZA1YYpQf9eP4djb0GLWbvWcmME88Gk/edit#gid=1

There are multiple sheets on this spreadsheet on different topics, look along the bottom.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Richard

The slide may be placed in 180 degrees out. If you removed the slide and extracted the carbie, you may have replaced it back incorrectly. Ensure the idle stop screw is not aligned with the throttle cable slot. If it is put in the wrong way the idle stop screw has nothing to stop against. Hence no idle. You will also get air bypass. See pic. at link below. Idle stop at front of pic, throttle cable slot at rear of pic.

You may also have a failed manifold gasket. A little air makes a lot of difference. Check that the rubber o ring and the cardboard gasket are not buggered. If the cardboard gasket is torn you must replace. Trace and cut from a breakfast cereal box.

Hope this makes sense and is a help.
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m_GpCeUZII8ituOzsUrqcMw.jpg

New header and exhaust installed.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=71205.msg872857#msg872857

And OEM carbie replaced with a Mikuni.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=71205.msg872858#msg872858

Apart from the installation of a baffle in the exhaust (to bring it to a noise level more acceptable) that does me for mods (I think).

Any suggestions? I'm keen to keep the engine stock.

Hi Acethusiasts,

after I tried to make my bike as clean as possible, I had a good idea. Throw the exhaust away. See first pic.

OK, just a joke. But I thougt, I have to to something for my powerful racing 50 cc monster-engine, I bought a exhaust tape. And this is the first try. OK, it is not the best, but it looks faster.

Have a nice day

Rgds from good old Bavaria

Kev

Attachments

• 20170603_085303.jpg
    20170603_085303.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 288
  • 20170603_112240.jpg
    20170603_112240.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 306
Hello again everyone
The coffers for the ACE are very slowly trickling full, so I have decided that my plan is as follows
1. Buy a second hand 50cc ace
2. Swap the 50cc lump for a 125cc ( please see question below)
3. Complete all necessary upgrades (as described in this fabulous resource)
4.Fit a fairing
The question I have is ;
I'm going to buy a 125 lump and I want twin exhausts ( just for the look)
Should it be OHV or OHC considering I want to upgrade to 150cc and put on a twin exhaust head?
Any help would be appreciated as although I have a smattering of technical ability I would like to have as easy a job as possible although future servicing has to be taken into account
Your thoughts please

Just a quick note
I've just found a brand new FM571 OHV single cylinder twin exhaust for £450 here:;

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/New_Engines.html

Is this the puppy ??
Any help please

Answering your question with a question:

Why not go straight to the 150cc twin exhaust motor?

It almost certainly would work out cheaper than buying a 125cc, converting to 150cc, adding a twin port head.

Crazy

Crazy,
Thanks for the reply,
It would appear that I've solved my own problem inadvertently
Q. Do you think the wiring will cause many issues ??

Cheers

Okay thanks
Another task to add to the list
I will keep everyone posted when it all starts
Thanks again, this resource is what convinced me that the ACE is the perfect middle aged project for me to sink my teeth and incredibly tight budget into
Now to let the missus know that a weeks camping in Cornwall is replacing the all inclusive trip to Spain
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom